Has responsibility for coordinating and leading the day-to-day shop operations of Repair and Maintenance activities and equipment to and from client locations and service facilities. Maintains quality, costs, and service standards by supervising employees. Ensures high focus on safe practices and compliance with stringent maintenance and repair procedures. Provides some guidance where possible by helping diagnose problems or interprets procedures for preventative maintenance and equipment repair. Increases operational effectiveness by having a significant impact on planning and coordinating as well as training, developing, and retaining qualified employees.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (not listed in any particular order)
- Must understand, comply and enforce all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Required and empowered to STOP WORK if any HSE or QAQC violation is identified.
- Chairs daily workshop operations meeting and Tool box talks with workshop staff.
- Actively participate in Hazard identification, reporting and corrective actions.
- Interface daily and as required with the Operations Supervisor about work priorities and progress of projects
- To ensure that workshop, storage area and equipment are always in a clean state and safe state.
- Actively participate in company and client safety initiatives, incident investigations, etc
- Monitors and controls consumables and spare parts availability in the workshop and order when stock needs to be refilled.
- Complete asset and inventory forecasting to ensure availability of spare parts
- Perform other job-related tasks as assigned by management.
- Work closely with client logistics and field staff to identify and remove obstacles
- Conducts calibration and systems checks as required by Weatherford Quality Control System
- Organization and recording of verification of metrology and equipment calibration
- Organize and prepare equipment for non-destructive testing (NDT).
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions
- Responsible for entries into company asset and inventory and program.
- Responsible for opening workorders and closing out after successful repair/service of equipment.
- Reviews and compiles quality control packages mobilized to client sites
Supervises and ensures the Safe Operation and Quality Control of the following;
- Perform make ups and break out of tubulars with torque machine.
- Pre and post repair testing made up assemblies.
- Maintenance and redress of tools as per procedure.
- Preperation of equipment and taking part in loading/unloading when sending/receiving equipment to/from the rig site.
- Operate overhead cranes and forklifts.
- Perform slinging as per regulation.
- Maintenance of equipment in proper form, timely execution of orders and accounting for expenditure of equipment and auxiliary materials.
- Job Location
- Erbil, Iraq
- Company Industry
- Oil & Gas
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Oil and Gas
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies