We are looking for a Welcome Officer to handle a variety of personnel related administrative duties. The role is to ensure a smooth service for all staff travelling on business or arriving to work in the delegation. The Welcome Officer will support the daily administrative activities related to the department and assist in coordinating travel, visa and residency processes and any other relevant documents for concerned employees. Ultimately, to ensure that Welcome Department is well organized and operates to the highest possible standards.
• Ensuring that staff and guests are met on arrival and placed in suitable accommodation (hotel, apartment/house).
• Interacting with relevant authorities (ministries, consulates, etc.) regarding certificates, visas, permits, registration, etc.
• Conducting random checks to make sure that staff accommodation is safe and suitable to live in; contacts the appropriate department in case of problems.
• Organizing staff travel (plane, train, bus, etc.) by the most cost effective means and, if required, coordinates drop-off at / pick-up from airports, stations, etc.
• Organizing communication flow between ICRC offices, sub-delegations, delegations and/or headquarters regarding staff travel.
• Keeping all appropriate databases up to the date on staff members, missions/other travel, document validity, residences, and any other relevant information (schools, airlines, telephone numbers, etc.).
• Putting together “Welcome files”, business cards, briefing programs and tours of the delegation for new arrivals.
• Organization of events/meetings/seminars, coordinating with the parties concerned.
Standard function description:
• Awareness of the Kuwait’s Delegation objectives and activities
• Applies the security rules at all times
• Respects and observes staff regulations of the ICRC in Kuwait
• Flexibility to perform duties and tasks that might not be mentioned in the job description and provides support to other departments whenever necessary
Selection requirements and experience:
• University degree, an associate degree or equivalent higher-education degree in administration, travel industry, tourism, or similar field.
• Fluent in English and Arabic.
• Computer literacy and ability to learn to work on custom software
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• years confirmed practical experience in a related position
We offer a rewarding and enriching work in a humanitarian and international environment, and:
• Initial training and on-boarding
• Open resident contract governed by Kuwait labor law
• A competitive salary with benefits
Starting date: ASAP
- Job Location:
- Hawali, Kuwait
- Company Industry:
- Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
- Company Type:
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role:
- Employment Type:
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Job Ref.:
- Career Level:
- Entry Level
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 4
- Residence Location: