The Human Bank. We are committed to help you further your career within Standard Chartered. To help you with your career development, you can find help and support on The Bridge. If you feel you are ready to take the next step, this role might be the next step on your career journey.
We are currently looking for VAT Project manager in Bahrain.The Project Manager performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
– Deliver the agreed local Bahrain VAT project within committed regulatory timelines
– Manage the project from kick-off to closure in-line with project management discipline
– Define the local approach for addressing local VAT compliance working within the agreed global indirect tax project methodology, business and system architecture and data model.
– Define and socialize the scope of the project in collaboration with local stakeholders and senior management
-Take urgent and timely action on risks and issues which may impact or impair delivery.
– Fulfill roles and responsibilities as outlined in the Project Management Standards
– Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
– Determine and coordinate local resources (e.g. product budget and financials, project staff) as required throughout life of project
– Review the project schedules with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required
– Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
– Monitor the progress of the projects and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
– Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the projects
– Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
– Implement a change and communication strategy. Implement quick wins whilst formulating strategic plan
– Lead the planning and implementation of the local project work-streams. Input Bahrain considerations into the overall Global end to end project plan, coordinating local Bahrain activities across all resources necessary to deliver, including change management activities
– Quality assurance for all project deliverables
– Deliver Project into BAU.
– Coordination of a diligent and effective local Bahrain PSC (sub-ordinate committee of GCC VAT PSC). Present progress, problems and solutions and track to closure.
– Provide inputs to Global GCC VAT PMO team in order to ensure Clarity is up to date including project static, RAG status, key milestones, financials, risks, dependencies, issues and resource forecasts.
– Deliver quality submissions to PSC
– Establish strong relationships between the Finance and ITO Functions to encourage collaborative and transparent working
– Experience in project financials and budget management
– Experience of practical aspects of project management.
– Experience in delivering regulatory projects
– Project Management qualifications PRINCE2/PMP
– Leadership and Communication
– Planning and organizing
– Team work
– Conflict management
– Proven experience in people management
– Proven experience in change management
If you’re a bright mind with big ambitions and ready for your next move within Standard Chartered, we’ll actively encourage you to fulfil your potential. Thanks to our rich and varied international footprint, we can offer exciting opportunities working across different countries and cultures. This application could be your next step…
Standard Chartered Bank started in 1958 in UAE with its first branch in Sharjah. The Group’s business gradually increased in Dubai with the opening of several branches and today, Dubai is the administrative hub of the Middle East and South Asia Region. In its 43rd year, the Bank enjoys the position of having the most extensive branch network among foreign international banks in UAE with 10 branches emirate-wide.
Standard Chartered is an international bank, focused on the established and emerging markets of Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America with an extensive global network of more than 600 offices in over 50 countries. The three principal business groups are Global Markets, Personal Banking and Corporate and Institutional Banking.
In UAE, we are one of the leading banks, offering an extensive range of products and services for personal customers, local companies, multinational corporate and financial institutions.