Through Parsons engineering and construction management services, we deliver innovative, safe and sustainable infrastructure in Qatar, Oman, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Bahrain and Kuwait. Our focus is on delivering air, rail, road and highway transportation; water conveyance and/or wastewater treatment; and land development and public infrastructure to our clients and your communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world class infrastructure.
Parsons is the Project Consultant for the construction supervision of a large prestigious infrastructure project in Qatar. The Work scope comprises roads, highway intersections, bridges and other structures, electrical (HV and LV), potable water, sewerage (foul water) drainage, storm water drainage networks and other utility / services networks.
The Utilities Inspector is assigned to various phases of the drainage works and utilities with an important part in assuring the quality of work in the finished project. He will be the eyes and ears of the ARE and the Resident Engineer to ensure compliance of the work with the drawings and specifications. He shall be familiar with the plans, specifications, and construction methods for the phases of the work to which he has been assigned.
• Ensure that all construction works are performed in strict accordance with the plans and specifications.
• Maintain a detailed diary of the day’s work activities, issues, work approved or rejected, hours of operation, labor and equipment used, etc. and sign at the end of each day as directed by the Site Engineer and the Senior Work Inspector.
• Interface with the public and stake holders adjacent to the work to mitigate the construction impacts.
• Coordinate with the contractor’s foreman in charge of the work on a daily basis to advise on the proper execution of the work.
• Coordinate with the Work Inspectors (Materials) and arrange for sampling and testing of satisfactorily completed work, and quality assurance testing of suspect materials.
• Coordinate with the Surveyors to check the line and grade of ready work and completed work for conformance with the plans and specifications.
• Report questionable methods of operation by the Contractor to the Senior Work Inspector, the Site Engineer or to the Resident Engineer.
• Report to the Senior Work Inspector, the Site Engineer or Resident Engineer any failure of the Contractor to perform the work as per the drawings and specifications and to provide good workmanship.
• Process the Inspection Requests and maintain records of their status.
• Maintain detailed records of work performed by the contractor in case the work is performed on a Day Works basis.
• Act in a professional way but firm in dealings with the Contractor.
• Diploma in Civil/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
• Minimum of 7 years of demonstrable experience in all aspects of civil supervision on major road, highway and general infrastructure projects preferably in the Gulf region.
• Familiarity with utilities, drainage and electro-mechanical works.
• He must possess the ability to read working drawings and related specifications, and capable of enforcing such specifications.
• Must be fully computer literate and able to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, etc. and any project specific engineering and construction relevant software.
• Good written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with project team.
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.