Through Parsons’ engineering and construction management services, we deliver innovative, safe and sustainable infrastructure in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain and Kuwait. Our focus is on delivering air, rail, road and highway transportation; water conveyance and/or wastewater treatment; and land development and public infrastructure to our clients and your communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world class infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs field engineering assignments involving the development, execution, supervision, and coordination of all technical aspects of a construction project.
• Maintains first-level quality assurance to confirm that the installation of all work within his/her discipline is in accordance with the plans, specifications, and industry standards.
• Ensures that tests and inspections are performed, witnessed, and documented in accordance with approved procedures.
• Collaborates with construction management to eliminate any hazards associated with the work that may adversely affect the environment or the safety or health of employees. Ensures that personnel of the assigned group engage in safe work practices in compliance with site-specific safety procedures and industry standards.
• Establishes and maintains liaison with the discipline design engineering staff. Reviews and interprets discipline design drawings and specifications to ensure current revision level and correct technical execution of the work.
• Provides resolution for technical engineering problems within the assigned discipline(s); coordinates application of solutions.
• Develops discipline construction schedules and monitors progress. Provides schedule and progress appraisal report to the Resident Engineer.
• Organizes the accumulation of assigned discipline data for the final project turnover and report.
• Initiates and maintains records, back-charge procedures, progress reports, etc., as required.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Experience and Qualification:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized university.
• Minimum 12 years of experience in an engineering/consulting environment including construction supervision of land development infrastructure projects.
• Skills to communicate with client representatives, deal with government agencies and authorities, and other construction teams on the project.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.