About the company:
Our client has grown to become the world’s No. 1-ranked engineering design firm – delivering integrated, sustainable solutions that help clients and communities in every region of the world create and unlock new opportunities. They operate in 7 continents, have over 87,000 employees, are in 150+ countries and turnover in excess of $17.4Billion per annum. We are looking for Urban Social Planner to work in Saudi Arabia on Remote Locations.
– Assist in assessing master plans and designs prepared by external source
– Assists in preparing drawings, graphics, master plans (varying scale and detail) and other planning and design elements prepared in house.
– Identify the need and sizing of community and social services required to support planned populations
– Utilizes relevant software programs to prepare exhibits and complex working drawings.
– Performs due diligence and research on projects as required to provide the background information to start a new project.
– Assist in the preparation of reports and documents to support other office sections
– Projects costs and forecasts future trends related to land use or development.
– Works within defined project scopes, budgets and schedules.
– Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
10,000 to 13,000
per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Capabilities and Credentials:
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent Urban Design Urban Planning, Landscape Architecture or related field.
– 13+ Years’ experience.
– Minimum of 5-8 years of private sector experience.
– Typical office environment working with computers preparation of plans and supporting graphics and master planning documents.
– Some travel may be required such as delivering plans or documents to reviewing agencies or clients or to attend meetings.
– May occasionally visit study areas, construction sites and/or be exposed to outside elements and inclement weather conditions.
– Ability to hand-draw graphics to generate concepts and sketches
– Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
– Developing knowledge of economic and legal issues involved in zoning codes, building codes and environmental regulations.
– Working knowledge of legal and design requirements in relevant jurisdictions.
– Proficient in relevant drafting/design software and other computer generated graphics (AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, InDesign) with knowledge of GIS and Adobe Suites.
– Arabic Speaking a benefit
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties.
We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more.
Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering