Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a service enterprise for development cooperation with international operations and global experience. Owned by the Federal Republic of Germany, the organisation operates as a private-sector enterprise with a development policy mandate: to make sustainable improvements to the living conditions of people in the countries we operate in. The German-Jordanian Water Portfolio is one example of successful cooperation between Germany and Jordan with several development projects anchored within the Jordanian water sector.
We are looking for a technical advisor for the project: Increasing the energy efficiency in water supply through the optimization of operation and maintenance (O&M)
The overall objective of the project is to increase the efficient use of energy in the Jordanian water sector through the optimization of operation and maintenance of water facilities. The project is focusing on creating and implementing concepts for sustainable energy management in the Jordanian water sector aiming at reducing water supply costs. Additionally, capacity building measures on institutional and personal level are embedded within the project.
We are seeking a motivated team member as technical advisor with solid technical and management background to work within the Energy for Water Project settled in the German-Jordanian Water Portfolio. The perspective position holder should have academic technical knowledge in energy efficiency/energy audit procedures. Furthermore, the candidate should have at least 5 years working experience preferably in international projects. The perspective position holder must have high quality reporting capabilities.
The perspective position holder is responsible for:
1) Supporting the team leader to properly execute assigned project tasks towards the achievement
of project goals.
2) Providing technical advice on the following issues:
• project related data collection and analysis;
• assessment of operation and maintenance in water pumping facilities;
• elaboration of energy efficient concepts including energy water balances and their optimizations;
• the implementation of pilot project in energy efficiency.
• elaboration of project technical reports;
• Supporting designing of parameters for project structured procurement;
• Supporting and facilitating coordination amongst various team players and stakeholders;
• Providing advice and market advisory on energy efficiency and audit related technical aspects, when needed.
3) Supporting planning, monitoring and reporting of the project activities.
4) Managing operations (incl. administration and logistics) for the various activities of the projects.
Required qualifications, competences and experience:
• University Engineering Degree in Energy Efficiency, either as Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering Degree with proven emphasis on energy efficiency, preferably in water sector;
• In-depth proven knowledge in energy efficiency procedures and energy audit standards;
• Familiarity with project work environment;
• Understanding of sustainability related thematic; and
• Good knowledge in the Jordanian energy and water sectors is a plus.
• Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in energy efficiency or similar fields;
• Proven experience in reports and technical writing;
• Proven experience in organizing capacity development processes;
• Experience in working in multidisciplinary teams and different stakeholders;
• Good understanding of project implementation processes including project monitoring and assessment;
• Experience in knowledge management;
• Working experience with Jordanian public institutions like ministries as well as with private sector is an advantage;
• Work experience in international/development cooperation projects is an advantage.
Social Interaction skills:
• Proactive and solution-oriented personality;
• Good communication and negotiation skills
• Analytical skills; able to work in an interdisciplinary context;
• Conflict resolution and negotiation skills
• High dedication and commitment and ability to perform well under pressure
• Ability to cooperate with others – very good team player
Additional knowledge & competences:
• Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office).
• Willingness to up skill as required by the tasks to be performed –corresponding measures are agreed with management.
• Experienced and able to work within a governmental institution.
• Experienced in development of teaching material (curriculum development) an asset
• Fluent (excellent knowledge) of English and Arabic, both spoken and written, German language is a plus
• Dedication, reliability and regular follow up on assigned tasks
**GIZ is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, gender or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities. Remuneration will be in accordance with the candidate’s qualification, experience, as well as the scope of responsibility of the job announced and in line with local standards.
**Please be advised that GIZ will respond back only to the candidates that are shortlisted and interviewed in person.
Starting date: as soon as possible.
Energy Efficiency, either as Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering Degree.
- Job Location:
- Amman, Jordan
- Company Industry:
- Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Support Services
- Employment Type:
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Job Ref.:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 7
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma