IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Head of Department
DEPARTMENT: Mechanical Engineering
FUNCTION: Responsible to the Head of
Department for preparation, teaching, assessment and coordination of the student teaching and learning process.
1. Prepare and develop descriptions and summaries of units included in the curriculum.
2. Prepare assessments for the purpose of evaluation and improving student performance.
3. Prepare learning sources that needs to be in the library as a reference for students.
4. Determination of needed IT resources to facilitate the academic plans.
5. Maintain accurate records of student data such as grades and attendance.
6. Supervision of student projects.
7. Substitute for other instructors within field or discipline in case of absence.
8. Actively contribute in serving the society.
9. Participate in graduation ceremonies.
10. Assist the Faculty with their teaching duties, including: participation in preparation of unit materials, mentoring students in need of help and proctoring examinations, etc.
11. Encourage student interaction and engagement with Faculty led activities.
12. Support and supervise students in lessons in relation to learning strategies.
13. Comply with ACK policies and procedures.
14. Other duties as assigned by the Head of Department.
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY: To ensure that teaching and learning and associated duties are carried out to a satisfactory standard.
DIRECTION/SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Undertake tasks under general direction and supervision, based on established practices and procedures, provided by the Head of Department.
• A relevant Master’s degree in relevant field preferably with experience in university teaching, research or serving the professional industry.
• Microsoft office skills.
• Ability to communicate in a concise and effective manner.
• Ability to understand and follow instructions precisely.
• Ability to exercise tact, discretion and confidentiality.
• Fluent written and spoken Arabic & English Language proficiency.
• Excellent personal presentation and grooming.
• Excellent work ethic.
• Level II First Aid certificate.
• Evidence of membership or participation in relevant professional and/or academic associations.
• Evidence of senior roles in the wider community.
• Evidence of professional development by taken courses such as: Leadership, Time Management, Conflict Resolution, Harassment, Crisis Management.
- Job Location
- Al Kuwait, Kuwait
- Company Industry
- Education, Training, and Library
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Teaching and Academics
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Job Ref.
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 1 Max: 5
- Residence Location
- Master’s degree