• GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
• The System Engineer is responsible for directly managing a collection of critical applications throughout their lifecycle – installation, regular health checkups, updates and upgrades, troubleshooting, migration, user training, customer education etc. Support multiple software packages and route to appropriate support within GE Healthcare support groups if you cannot resolve yourself in a timely fashion. Allows us to continue generating customer satisfaction within the medical industry.
• Master all aspects of system installation as per GE Healthcare standards and guidelines e.g. creating, installation, commissioning, maintenance, installation documentation, installing 3rd party systems e.g. Microsoft OS, Microsoft SQL Server, anti-virus etc., hardware installation e.g. servers, storage systems, front-end hardware, configuration of application, customer education, handover to customer.
• Have a flexible work schedule as installations can occur after hours or on weekends.
• Identification of GE Healthcare and customer responsibilities and deliverables as defined in the sales contract.
• Where required you can deliver large programs yourself as a lead program / project manager.
• Work on translating high level solutions into detailed technical design.
• Problem solving as 1st Tier Support Level.
• Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customer’s individual needs.
• Troubleshoot application alerts from monitoring tools and follow SOPs to resolve or escalate appropriately.
• Work directly with service architects to help reproduce and resolve customer issues.
• Drive customer communication during critical events and lead retrospective meetings.
• Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customers’ technical support experience with minimal guidance.
• Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the customer community and knowledgebase articles and keep them up-to-date.
• Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple services.
• Participate in 24×7 on-call rotation and work with global teams.
• Collaborate with cross functional stakeholders.
• Deal with the day-to-day operation of particular IT systems and support users in their daily use of IT applications and functions.
• Analyzes the daily performance of GE Healthcare proprietary IT applications and components.
• Solves problems either by own analyses or by escalation to a 2nd line support function and track solutions.
• Acts as central point of contact for user complaints and questions as part of a helpdesk.
• Run routine health checkups of GE Healthcare install base – both remotely and onsite – to ensure system is functioning as expected, quality and identify possible occurrence of any issue which might disrupt normal operations.
• Monitor existing install base and make suggested improvements or necessary changes as appropriate.
• Review feedback from customers, compile and analyze support data and recommend technical changes as appropriate.
• Create improvement/change proposals at the site level and services approach.
• Promote standardization of IT services based on global guidelines.
• Assists in regulatory, quality and budget initiatives.
• Makes routine trend analysis and reports.
• Collaboration: regularly interact with executives, key stakeholders, end-users on customer site ensuring GE Healthcare’s presence, buy-in for our applications, negotiations to resolve any challenges and creating a win-win situation for both customer and GE Healthcare.
• Evaluate complex situations accurately and identify viable solutions that create successful outcome for the customer.
• Uses GE Healthcare tools and dash boarding for documentation, tracking and tracing status and reporting out on the delivery and support KPI’s.
• Manage and communicate on a high level of professionalism to consultants and suppliers of information systems connected to GE Healthcare products.
• Contribute to knowledge transfer within the functional group as required.
• Provide remote support on installed base; contribute to knowledge transfer within the functional group as required.
• Have a flexible work schedule to support customers during public holidays, off business hours etc.
• Increase NPI scores with customers.
• Provide regular, timely and productive team and individual development feedback.
• Education to Bachelor Degree level.
• Can-do attitude.
• Ability to operate effectively in a multi-tasking, dynamic environment, while maintaining a forward-thinking and customer-first attitude.
• Ability to energize, develop, and build rapport, collaboration and influence at all levels within an organization. Highly approachable and humble.
• Good knowledge of key components of infrastructure; data Centers, LAN, WAN, storage, backup, cloud, security and other technologies.
• Good knowledge of key software components; various operating systems, virtualization technologies, databases and other technologies.
• Good operational skills in I&O, and applications.
• Has a solid foundation of key IT practices and teachings.
• Able to learn new technologies e.g. HL7, IHE etc.
• Has experience in problem solving issues.
Quality Specific Goals:
• Aware of and comply with the GE Healthcare Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
• Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
• Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required. Desired Characteristics: 1.Must have the ability to provide world-class customer service in a technical environment & provide initial response for technical support to users of defined application.
• Willingness to learn new techniques and tools through both on and off site training.
• Fair understanding of future technology trends.
• Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment juggling and executing on multiple priorities and priorities that may shift over time with competing deadlines.
• Analytical and strategic thinking skills.
• Demonstrated problem solving and creative skills, ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on business needs and priorities to go beyond the status quo.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity, strategic agility, manage diversity and drive for results.
• Master’s degree preferred.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and writing.
Locations: Saudi Arabia; Riyadh
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE’s Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE’s Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it’s the world’s largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world’s oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.