– Our client is an insurance company that started its operations in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in 1952. They are currently looking to recruit an System Administrator to be based in Riyadh
Duties & Responsibilities
– Monitoring, scheduling/running of system backups, system upgrades, preventative maintenance, hardware replacement, system troubleshooting, logs review, etc.
– Work independently and as part of the ICT Operations Team to identify root cause issues and determine proper problem resolution.
– Work closely with application support personnel to support business critical systems.
– Design, build and support server platforms (both physical and virtual) for use by business and application deployment.
– Represent the IT team in corporate projects/initiatives.
– Participate in disaster recovery drills.
– Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
– Provide guidance to junior team members.
– Should have experience with device monitoring and event logging software (Nagios, ManageEngine, Microsoft SCCM)
– Should have a general knowledge of email filtering, anti-SPAM and UTM appliances and solutions.
– Should have experience in deployment, administration, troubleshooting, and maintenance of Intel based server hardware.
– Should have experience in VMware ESX virtualization technologies and strategies.
– Should have experience in Microsoft System Center Operation Manager.
– Should have knowledge of administering and troubleshooting Windows Client (7, 8, 8.1, 10) and Server (2003, 2008, 2012, 2016) Operating Systems, including AD components, file servers permissions, group objects, printer management and event log troubleshooting.
– Should have general knowledge of the following disciplines: Web Services, FTP, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, AD Group Policies, IIS/Apache, LDAP, and Patch Management.
– Should have knowledge of physical infrastructure such as cabling, electrical power and UPS.
– Should have experience with Linux OS administration, troubleshooting and maintenance (RedHat, CentOS, SuSE)
– Should have Exchange 2013/2016 administration, troubleshooting and maintenance experience
– Should have NAS and or SAN administration, troubleshooting and maintenance experience
– Should have Symantec Netbackup administration, troubleshooting and maintenance experience
– Should have Symantec Backup Exec administration, troubleshooting and maintenance experience
– Should have Veeam Backup and Replication administration, troubleshooting and maintenance experience
– Should have tape libraries or autoloader administration, troubleshooting and maintenance experience
– Should have experience with: PowerShell scripting, support and troubleshooting of Microsoft Server Operating Systems issues, support and troubleshooting of Intel based server hardware including RAID technologies.
Qualifications & Experience
– B.Sc. in IT, or MIS, or Computer Science or any related field
– Individuals with ITIL, CCNA, MCSE, VCP certifications will be preferred.
– Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role and hand on experience with the following:
– Enterprise servers, storage systems, virtualization platforms and datacenter facilities.
– Windows desktop and server systems, software and services
– Active Directory (AD), DNS, DHCP, and Certificate Services
– Expertise in Exchange, Active Directory, Backups, AntiVirus, File/Print services.
– Windows OS, MS Office
– Fluency in English & Arabic
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties.
We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more.
Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering