Do you want to be part of a community not a company, and nurture a career not a job?
Then you’ve come to the right place. You could become the driving force behind the Qatar’s most valuable brand and contribute towards connecting people, businesses and communities in the digital world. With the internet, digital technology and mobile innovation driving unimaginable change, there’s no better time to jump on board. So climb in, learn all about our powerful digital telco business, and come on an incredible journey with us.
As a Supply Chain Management Category Specialist you will be a key member of the Supply Chain Management Team, based in Vodafone Qatar. Report and work closely with the Senior Category Manager, and support the Technology Products and Services Category and other categories as required. Engage across multiple business departments for the delivery of SCM projects and challenges, including close liaison with key stakeholders i.e. Technology, Finance, Departmental business owners, Executive Team, Suppliers and Service Providers. You will deliver savings in OPEX & CAPEX and working towards cost optimisation.
This role requires the individual to work with the relevant areas of the business whilst building and managing a performance framework to deliver financial and operational efficiencies, process improvements and adhere to governance requirements.
What kind of tasks will you have?
• Ability to develop and execute spend category strategies
• Develop and execute SCM strategies using the category management methodology
• Delivering optimal total cost of ownership for the relevant SCM categories
• Delivering innovative commercial models and ensuring that longer term sourcing decision are considered during category development
• Demonstrate awareness of the end-to-end Procure-to-Pay process and offer guidance to stakeholders on relevant existing governance
Apply if you have …
• Minimum 3 years solid Procurement & Supply Chain Experience, preferably in the Telecommunication’s industry
• Demonstrable experience of managing Technology related categories
• Possess Category & Project management experience
• Experience in managing large tenders is essential
• Proven negotiation and analytical skills
• Degree Qualified
• Approved CIPS certified courses or equivalent business related degree is an advantage
• Excellent stakeholder management skills
Here at Vodafone we’re always moving, always growing and adapting. It’s this attitude and approach that has allowed us to create a continuous culture of development – ensuring we’re always streets ahead of our competitors and continue to attract and secure the best talent around.
What makes our Vodafone Qatar a great place to work? It’s simple really. We challenge the business to move forward, and in return can offer you no shortage of exciting projects designed to encourage growth and success. Hard work is valued and rewarded with us and we can offer you a world of opportunities for future development, and a culture that makes you truly proud to work here.
Sound like the corporate function you’d like to be part of?
Get on board today!
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
- Job Location
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Purchasing and Procurement
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Job Ref.
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 3