A stylist will be the leader on Wardrobe, hair and make-up team, qualified on hair and make-up plus setting a dress code guidance for presenters to match an output of the channel respecting the Arab world and the shows’ look.
To prepare performers’ make up to suit production requirement and to oversee hair and make-up continuity during shoots
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to lead a team of Wardrobe, hair and make-up team with a good organisation skills
- Responsible to work within the hair & make-up room to ready presenters and guests for their on-air broadcast.
- Follow and implement the channels on-air style guide, look and direction agreed upon by management.
- Need to work as stand by in the studio and on set to redo and touch-up make-up to maintain an air of continuality in both look and vision.
- To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of available make-up and beauty products whilst also keeping work areas and equipment clean and tidy.
- Responsible for sourcing, budgeting and ordering materials and equipment from specialist suppliers.
- Ensure that appropriate action is taken to minimise unpleasant side effects from the use of specialist make-up.
- Manage team members within the hair & make-up Unit, ensuring continuity in make-up whilst also liaising with the Operations department to ensure the overall on-air look/effect is consistent and coherent
- Maintain awareness of health and safety issues and legislation.
- Must demonstrate and implement a practical understanding of lighting, the photographic process, colours and the impact of special effects/make-up processes on the skin.
- Ensure continuity in make-up whilst also liaising with the Creative department to ensure the overall on-air look/effect is consistent and coherent
- Ability to perform under pressure in a Live news environment
Key Skills/ Personal Attributes and Knowledge:
- Must have a genuine interest and knowledge of television make-up and be up-to date with new make-up techniques, materials and products.
- Experience in TV / Media desirable
- Good communication and people skills
- A tactful manner
- Stamina, patience and concentration
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good punctuality and reliability
- A willingness to work long hours when necessary
- Excellent teamwork skills
- A good understanding of studio lighting & on-air high-definition broadcast quality.
- Excellent familiarity with make-up products & techniques
- Good organisational skill
Qualifications & Requirements:
- More than 2 years’ experience in relevant field
- A make-up artist is expected to have a Level 2 qualification in media make-up or an equivalent qualification/ experience.
- Job Location
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry
- Broadcast Media Production; Media Production
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 2
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma