Student Experience Coordinator
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE AD BEFORE APPLYING!
RBK is an Amman, Jordan-based career accelerator focused on empowering vulnerable youth with 21st century skills.
RBK’s training produces market-ready, full-stack Software Engineers with core skill-sets demanded by industry. RBK also produces exceptional human beings committed to using their skills to increase the sum total of good juju in the world.
Employees enjoy a fun, collegial startup environment genuinely committed to employee health and wellness, and filled with talented, hard-working and fun people. You will be surrounded by friendly, brilliant, and mission-driven professionals who work hard to provide the best student experience of its kind in the world.
We are looking for an energetic and organized self-starter who can be the front-line advocate for our students and help coordinate all aspects of their RBK experience.
Our students come from diverse backgrounds. Critical to our students’ success is that they are safe and have a feeling of happiness and belonging while learning at RBK.
The Student Experience Coordinator ultimately works to ensure ALL students have a 5 star experience during their tenure.
• Primary point of contact for students, potentially many students at one time
• Accountable for keeping the classroom running smoothly
• Facilitate large and small group discussions
• Contribute to a great student experience by creating a welcoming space and environment that’s easy to navigate
• Greeting and helping students / guests when they enter the premises
• Shepherding students through the process of discovery
• Motivation and engagement officer – personal coach
• Maintain arousal levels
• Process student requests in a professional, timely and fair manner
• Triage requests and suggestions
• Escalate severe cases to Program Manager
• Schedule and coordinate all daily classroom activities. Disseminate daily and weekly schedules.
• Broadcast announcements including special events or opportunities including birthdays, VIP visits, media visits
• Enforce schedule
• Enforce the student code of conduct • Enforce English-only speech
• Enforce hygiene
• Coordinate remediation and student feedback sessions
• Maintain tardiness logs
• Issue warnings
• Bell ringing – pair learning switch-up
• Monitor and track student and group emotional health and stress levels
• Populate and update Daily Metrics sheets
• Document daily activities, issues & processes
• Work with the instructional team to set student expectations
• Set mood in the training lab – control atmospherics such as music or white noise and fine tuning the physical and psychological environment to maximize learning
• Control temperature and ventilation
• Supply training aids to students (markers, tissues, whiteboards etc.)
• Coordinating the career talks and the guest speaker series
• Coordinate special events such as graduation day and career fair
• Coordinate activities during unplugging hour
• Coordinate lightning industry partner lightning talks
• Coordinate creative speaker series
• Coordinate weekly social nights
• Coordinate transportation and housing
• Administer and track student surveys. Enforce as required
• Design systems to streamline and automate routine tasks
• Ordering/purchasing supplies and updating inventory
• Support the Phase 3 Outcomes Team as required
Benefits + Perks
• Competitive salary and benefits • Class A health insurance
• 8 weeks of paid vacation per year!
• Fun learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact • Free meals during immersive phase (32 weeks per year)
• Gym allowance – we pay you to work out and maintain an active lifestyle!
• Chance for promotion in a rapidly growing company
• Working with an amazing team that has a reputation for producing some good human beings To apply, please submit a resume.
In lieu of a cover letter, please answer the following questions (<140 characters each): Send your response to: jobs at rbk dot org.
• Describe how you would deal with a chronically tardy student.
• For a 2 day problem-solving sprint, the instructional team has paired a 25-year-old, devoutly religious male who has never spoken to a female outside his family with an outspoken transsexual. The male pushes back. How do you respond?
• Describe how you would handle a student who shows up with strong body odor.
• You catch a student cheating. What do you do?
• Describe what it means to you to have autonomy in your job.