To coordinate all aspects of the refinery energy management, and provide technical support to the Operating Departments and other key departments within the refinery
Candidates must have detailed knowledge of energy use and conservation within a process plant environment, including steam and fuel gas systems. Specific knowledge in oil refining is preferred.
Applicants must have a proven track record in performance monitoring and optimisation of energy systems, including troubleshooting, undertaking of performance test runs, onsite field checks and preparing performance reports.
Qualifications and Experience:
The successful candidates will have:
• At least BE or BSc degree in Chemical Engineering from a recognised University.
• At least seven (7) years of practical experience within a process plant environment with at least three (3) years as an energy conservation/efficiency engineer/leader.
• A sound understanding of utility facilities, including fuel gas system, steam and water systems. Specific knowledge in oil refining is preferred.
• Expert knowledge on energy use and conservation within a process plant environment. Specific knowledge in oil refining is preferred.
• Expert working knowledge of Visual-MESA.
• Expert knowledge of ISO 50001 Energy Management System.
• Excellent written and spoken English, good communication and mentoring skills, and the ability to influence and gain support from various technical teams within the refinery.
The successful candidates will also be:
• A highly developed critical thinker, with excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
• Self-motivated, creative and able to exercise initiative.
• Able to organise, plan and execute work effectively, independently and within teams.
• Able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Able to mentor and inspire younger, less experienced process engineers.
• Able to train others working for him/her.
• Skilled in using MS Office software e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, in a process engineering technical services environment.
• Preferably be an Energy Best Practice Champion or registered Energy Consultant or Energy auditor.
Created in 2003 by technical engineers and experienced recruiters, VHR delivers a partner-orientated approach. We are passionate about the industries where we operate, the career-enhancing support we provide and the people with whom we work.
Whether one permanent vacancy or a team of contract specialists, VHR strives to deliver the best possible staffing solutions.
As a recruitment company, we see our clients as our partners and our services as an extension of our clients’ businesses. We operate with a set of core values at the heart of everything we do.