GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
• Carryout supervision of technical Installations, verifications, customer after sales field support for Grid HV products.
• Geographical area includes country of Oman but as and when required (approx. 25% time) require to travel within the region and to Europe.
• Site survey, client coordination, supervision and technical advising.
• Ensure Gris Hv products such as Gas Insulated Switchgear, Power Transformers and Air Insulated Switchgear are installed, tested and commissioned as per OEM instructions.
• Quality assurance at site
• Schedule update
• Coordination with client, consultant, regional Field management and OEM
• Preparation of technical reports on site works is an essential task
• This is an hands-on job position require physical activity such as climbing, manual handling, mechanical assembly and electrical mechanical and electrical testing
• Open only for Omani nationals
• Minimum Diploma in Electro-Mechanical field
• Minimum 2 years experience on Grid products or on HV substation environment
• English knowledge is essential to read technical drawings and documents, report writing is essential
• Basic computer skills on MS excel and word is required.
• Knowledge on MS Project is an added advantage.
• Willingness to learn new products and technologies
• Able to work under minimum supervision.
• Self driven, customer service and problem solving mindset.
• Ability to work and lead multicultural teams
• Conflict free nature
• EHS conscious
Locations: Oman; Muscat, Sohar
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE’s Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE’s Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it’s the world’s largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world’s oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.