* Senior Water Engineer
– Atkins is seeking a highly motivated, detail oriented, self-starter to join our Riyadh, KSA office as a Senior Water Engineer. He will support projects for water and wastewater clients in Saudi Arabia (mainly NWC and SWCC), related to water and wastewater infrastructure and non-infrastructure which may be comprised of water distribution and sewage collection systems, pump stations, reservoirs, hydraulic structures, and water/wastewater treatment facilities (including desalination).
– The successful candidates will have the ability to work at project engineer level, be technically competent, lead a team of engineers, technical specialists and CAD technicians.
* Capabilities required
– Civil and structural design
– Water and/or Wastewater Treatment Facilities
– Experience of optioneering, scoping and feasibility studies
– Experience of outline and detailed mechanical design work within water and wastewater areas
– Proven ability in report and specification writing required.
– Good communication skills required to interface with both sector managers and internal technical staff.
– Ability to work to technical, programme and budget requirements.
– The role is based in Atkins Riyadh office and will require ability to travel within KSA.
* Education and Professional Qualifications
– Degree in Engineering (BSc or MSc in Civil Engineering)
– Chartered with ICE or alternative appropriate body is an advantage
– Minimum 10 years experience
– Previous experience in KSA or GCC region is required
– Experience in engineering design teams for major civil/water engineering infrastructure projects
– Familiarity with ME Water Industry practices
– Competent designer in water industry projects including: deep excavations, water retaining structures, pipelines, hydraulic analysis, tunnels and shafts, marine works and water/wastewater treatment structures
– Knowledge of current design management processes
– Understanding of BIM and its application in the water industry
– Ability to identify innovative solutions
– Ability to exercise initiative and sound engineering judgement and decision making in complex situations
– Positive outlook and approachable manner.
– Well-motivated, able to work as part of a team or in isolation when required.
– Taking personal responsibility to deliver results, demonstrating resilience and drive
– Flexible, challenging and accountable
– Ability to maintain confidentiality
– Proactive commitment to Health and Safety
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers’ needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).