Linum Consult’s client operates in the Middle East. Due to continued growth, they are currently seeking a Senior Tunnel Engineer specialising in underground structures to join their team in Qatar.
• Advising the Tunnel and Underground Structures Manager on procedures required for construction methods and materials for tunnel and underground engineering
• Planning, implementing, and coordinating the tunnel and underground engineering work
• Reviewing and assessing the tunnel and underground structures’ structural designs and construction drawings
• Participating in the preparation of tender documents for the tunnels, structures, excavation pits, underground stations and cut & cover sections
• Assessing the underground engineering activities during the construction phases and liaise with all stakeholders on the project
• Advising on any issues arising from the site investigation and construction activities
• Inspecting or auditing the construction projects in order to identify any engineering problems
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Tunnel Engineering
• At least 15 years’ experience working in the engineering industry, with a strong background in tunnelling and underground works, specifically for railway or metro construction projects
• Excellent technical knowledge of risk, safety, accreditation and other legislation
• High level of conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrable history of using MS Office
• Strong technical knowledge of construction regulations and international standards
• Excellent communication, organisation and teamwork skills
• If you are already based in Doha, you must have an NOC available and fit all the key criteria to apply for this position
Linum Consult is a niche global consultancy specialising in international recruitment of white collar workers across the Construction & Engineering, Mining and Oil & Gas sectors. We provide a full 360 consultancy service for clients, candidates and partners to eliminate the potential pitfalls of international mobilisation.
All Linum Consultants are industry experts with in country, international, multi-cultural experience. We provide precise market information combined with local knowledge to help facilitate informed decisions that are often life changing.