OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
Responsible for the design, development, and management of PHP applications and jasper reporting. This includes anything between complex groups of back-end services and their client-end (desktop and mobile) counterparts. Responsible to design and develop these applications, and coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Support all applications such as moodle, Zoom, etc for the operational activities of the university. Involve in the development of Java-based applications and Support. Manage the database administration for the current databases and Linux OS.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code.
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Accomplish organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Support and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching, and educational opportunities.
- First and foremost, developing software our users need.
- Mentor junior and mid-level engineers.
- Collaborate with team to brainstorm and create new products.
- Grow engineering teams by interviewing, recruiting, and hiring.
- Make informed decisions quickly and taking ownership of services and applications at scale.
- Work collaboratively with others to achieve goals.
- Stay on the leading edge of development practices.
- Passionate about great technologies, especially open source.
- Understand business needs and know how to create the tools to manage them.
- Job Location
- Al Jahra, Kuwait
- Company Industry
- Primary, Prep, & Secondary School
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Information Technology
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 5
- Residence Location
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
Computer Science & Engineering