– Review business requirements and solution design from system security perspective.Threat
modelling and Risk assessment of new technology procurement.
-Consume Threat modelling results and Threat intel.
– Propose changes or define system security requirements. Ensure recommendations are implemented.
– Identify vulnerabilities and security loop holes in the existing architecture and implementation.
– Monitor security patching and deployment for all hardware and software.
– Define security guidelines,hardening requirements and implement them for OS and Infrastructure components.Refer to best practices from vendor (Dell/Microsoft/HP), independent organizations, Benchmarks (CIS), and QCERT guidelines.
– Efforts must be in-line with MOEHE ISMS and QCERT NIA Policy.
Practical (75%) :
– Work closely with Systems team providing support through-out their operation.
– Apply Configuration Management to maintain hardware/software revisions, content, security patches,hardening, and documentation including up-to-date inventory.
– Conduct security scanning/review of any system. Expert user of any scanning tool.
– Conduct penetration testing of systems before/after going live.
– Participate/Lead security incidents/investigations, implement preventive/corrective actions.
-Work with SoC team to define event correlation rules related to system threats and vulnerabilities,ensure all incidents are tracked to closure.
– Subscribe to security advisories for relevant vendors and others.
– Keep an eye for those related to your scope.
– 7+ years of relevant systems security experience.
– Expert in modern security technologies and concepts.
– Detailed technical knowledge of Windows & Linux OS security,Active Directory, Exchange, Data Centre Infrastructure (Hyper Converged), Virtualization, Backup systems, Identity and Access Management, Proxy,Certificate Management, Advanced Threat Protection platform, Threat intelligence.
– Experience in building and maintaining security systems.
– Experience in SOC Level 3 operations and security investigations.
Salary & Employment Grade:
Based on relevant experience, skills and education of the candidate as per prevailing Qatar HR
Law for Government Employees.
– Direct line to IT Security Lead.
– Coordinate with Information Security Team.
CEH / CISSP/ SANS/ related certification.
- Job Location:
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry:
- Education, Training, and Library
- Company Type:
- Employer (Public Sector)
- Job Role:
- Employment Type:
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Job Ref.:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 7
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma