– Threat modelling and Risk assessment for existing and new technology solution procurement
– Defines security guidelines & hardening documents for network / security devices (Routers, Firewalls (including
WAF), IPS, Wi-Fi, VPN, Remote access etc.) & ensure implementation
– Applies Configuration Management to maintain hardware/software revisions, content, security patches, hardening, and documentation including up-to-date inventory
– Work with SoC team to define event correlation rules related to network threats and vulnerabilities, ensure all events related to networks are monitored.
– Implement appropriate corrective action against security incidents
– Network Security expert to review, assess and enforce security throughout the network.
– Provide support to all projects (internal and external) in assessing security risks.
– Subscribe to security advisories for network related devices, and softwares.
– Keep an eye for those related to your scope.
Employment Type: Full time
Salary & Employment Grade: Based on relevant experience, skills and education of the candidate as per prevailing Qatar HR Law for Government Employees.
Direct line to IT Security Lead.
Coordinate with Information Security Team.
Certifications: CEH/ CISSP/ CCNA/ CCNP /SANS / related certification
7+ years of relevant network security experience
Experience in architecting, building and maintaining network security systems
Thorough understanding of the latest network security principles, techniques, and protocols
Experience with network security and networking technologies and with security and network monitoring tools – Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, WAF, Authentication systems, content filtering, NAC, F5 etc.
- Job Location:
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry:
- Education, Training, and Library
- Company Type:
- Employer (Public Sector)
- Job Role:
- Employment Type:
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Job Ref.:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 7
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma