Requisition ID: req2385
Job Title: Senior Roving Women’s Protection and Empowerment Manager
Sector: Women Protection & Empowerment
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
The IRC established programs in Iraq in 2003 to address the overwhelming needs of displaced people in Iraq and the neighboring countries. Since re-establishing its presence in Iraq in November 2007, the IRC has been assisting displaced families in the northern, central and southern governorates in the sectors of protection, women’s protection and empowerment (WPE), child protection, education, and Economic Recovery and Development (ERD). Working in coordination with the humanitarian community, the IRC currently addresses the needs of war-affected Iraqi internally displaced persons (IDPs), Iraqi refugee returnees and Syrian refugees from several operational bases in the country and cross-border into northeast Syria.
Violence against women and girls is widespread including sexual violence, intimate partner violence (IPV) and early and forced marriage. The IRC is one of only a few international non-governmental organizations (INGO) active in the Gender Based Violence (GBV) sector in Iraq. The IRC’s expanding Women’s Protection and Empowerment (WPE) program provides both direct service provision through women’s and girls’ community centers (WGCCs) and mobile teams. The WPE programming aims to improve access for women and girls, in particular GBV survivors, to life saving health, case management, and PSS through strengthened community based and multi-sectoral responses in the governorates of South and Central Iraq.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Senior Roving WPE Manager will lead IRC’s GBV programming in Anbar, Salah al-Din, Karbala, and Baghdad ensuring that all programming is implemented in line with GBV international standards and best practices. He/She will provide technical guidance, programmatic direction, and supervision to the WPE team and oversee all direct service delivery. He/She will be responsible for leading GBV assessments, programming design, implementation, building national staff, and national partner capacity to provide services to women, girls, and GBV survivors.
The position will be based in Baghdad, however will regularly travel to Anbar, Salah al-Din, and Karbala on a monthly basis. This position reports directly to the Field Site Coordinator with technical support provided through the WPE Coordinator.
* Provide technical guidance, oversight, and support to all WPE programs in South and Central Iraq to improve the provision of quality case management and psychosocial support (PSS) services to meet the needs of women and girls.
* Develop and lead training of WPE staff, partners, GBV actors and service providers in case management, GBV Core Concepts, GBV tools and resources, PSS, adolescent girls and women’s empowerment approaches.
* Lead development and oversee implementation of community-based, primary prevention activities to engage all community members including women, girls, men and boys in GBV prevention and risk mitigation.
* Support and supervise implementation and security of programme databases and information management systems according to global GBV standards, including the use of the Gender Based Violence Information Management System (GBVIMS)/Primero.
* Contribute to and inform continuous analyses of program and service delivery data for problem identification, programme planning, and advocacy purposes and to identify trends and gaps in case management and service provision to help improve programming.
* Support in the development and implementation of a robust Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) system for all objectives, indicators and activities that is consistent across locations and fe