The Senior QA/QC Engineer is responsible for inspecting onsite works at hold points, both internally and with the consultants and ensuring that all comments are recorded and distributed to site teams for execution.
Role and responsibilities for this role are:
• Coordinating with site teams to receive all work inspection requests (WIR’s) within the assigned areas and/or associated with the assigned subcontractor/s, for submission to the consultant in line with the approved inspection test plan (ITP)
• Inspecting all on site works within the assigned area to ensure that all works are compliant with the approved Quality Management Plan of the project – both internally (before consultant inspections) and externally (inspection with consultant)
• Conduct daily site walks and report and defects / deficiencies in works to the responsible site teams and subcontractors to ensure that all inspections are approved
• With assistance from the QA Engineer, develop a positive working relationship with the associated consultant/s to ensure transparency and accuracy of information given and received at the time of inspection
• Upon return of an inspection form from the consultant, inform the responsible site personnel, whether approved or rejected
• Ensure that all WIR’s are developed correctly and follow the approved methodology, as per the consultant agreement with the project management
• Under guidance of the QA Manager, participate in weekly or monthly meetings with all subcontractors to discuss the most prevalent issues faced throughout the majority of works and agree on corrective actions that can be carried out that cause the least negative impact on work progression
• Report all defects/discrepancies from all onsite works to the QA Engineer
• Become familiar with construction methodology for the assigned project and at what stages during the construction inspections will be required so they can be unofficially inspected, and any defects accounted for to ensure approval of inspections
• Must have a degree in Architecture or Civil Engineering
• Minimum of 8 years within a construction quality team
• Demonstrable experience in quality practices
• Understanding of construction methodology
• They would only consider someone having High Rise experience.
Ignite is a specialist Construction and Property Recruitment Consultancy. We are experts in the Middle East and Asia markets which we service from our offices in the UAE and UK.
Our consultants operate in a niche market making them experts in their sector. This allows us to offer our clients and candidates expert market knowledge whilst building long term relationships.
We pride ourselves on recruiting Construction and Property staff of all levels and disciplines. We offer the same high quality service whether you are recruiting or seeking work from Engineer through to Company Director level.