Purpose of the position:
Engages in complete construction/ installation, and testing and commission of all the Mechanical and Electromechanical systems such as; HVAC, Firefighting, Plumbing, Drainage, Elevator, etc. along with attaining pertinent approvals from all the project stake holders in order to accomplish successful project delivery.
Tasks & Responsibilities
• Engage in development of Project Execution Plan, including defining construction sequence and procurement strategies for critical items basing the design criteria, local and international standards, specifications and giving due consideration to technical risks, facility safeguarding, safety and health requirements and any other pertinent requirements.
• Coordinate and carry out constructability with all the discipline engineers to ensure smooth execution at site. These include but are not limited to, HVAC, firefighting/ protection, water storage and distribution, drainage systems, etc.
• Review / approve prequalification/ material submittal document and shop drawings submitted by Sub-Contractors and suppliers, prepare the same on behalf of Main contractor against the drawings and specifications, local codes and statutory requirements, and submit for Consult’s approval.
• Recommend appropriate solutions and propose changes, as necessary, and prepare recommendations with supporting technical data and get approval via RFIs, etc.
• Contribute to the verification of building Completion and ‘Commissioning’ stages by review and attaining the Consultant’s approval for pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up procedures and Operating and Maintenance manuals, appropriate to his functional area of work. Review referred from Projects.
• Identify to the MEP Manager, the discipline engineering time / resource requirements for all current and planned construction works assigned to him and updates this information as necessary.
• Check the adequacy of construction process proposed by Subcontractor, to ensure best practices and technical quality, in terms of providing safe / environmentally acceptable facilities, in compliance with the Codes, Standards, Principles, Practices and Specifications.
• Execute maincontractor works, and supervise Subcontractor’s works and ensure all the completed works are executed according to the execution plans and approved project documents.
• Prepare project reports (written and photographic) on progress of works, quality and technical conformance of the works, safety and other matters.
• Attend technical and progress meetings with the Consultant/ Subcontractor representatives.
• Coordinate work with all disciplines of engineering and construction units at project site.
• Review and evaluate vendor’s quotes / subcontractor offers, and payment and invoices.
• Monitor the Engineers and Inspectors performance to ensure that they are fulfilling their roles and responsibilities.
• Identifying issues and risks that need to be brought to the attention of project management team, as necessary.
Number of Years of Experience:
Minimum of 12 years’ experience as Senior Engineer with hands on experience for HVAC, Firefighting, Plumbing, Drainage, Elevator, etc. systems.
Specialized Trainings Required (if any):
Involved in Local Authority approval process.
Languages: English (Writing/ Reading)
Soft Skill Requirements:
Good team player, Eager to evolve and develop via exploring beyond the comfort zone.
- Job Location
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Construction and Building
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Job Ref.
- Career Level
- Entry Level
- Years of Experience
- Min: 12
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma