• Delivering & surpassing all KPIs set by commercial division
• Oversee all sales and marketing related functions for the airline across all traditional trade channels of distribution in the assigned region.
• Oversee the development of clear revenue acquisition and retention plans by market, segmentation, customer type, and channel of distribution so as to deliver the airline’s total profit target.
• Monitor profit performance (Margins ) against targets on an ongoing basis and take steps in advance to address potential issues or shortfalls that may arise.
• Use provided tools to track successes with target accounts and to provide a measurable return-on-investment on account activity.
• Lead change management across the regional sales organization and foster modern commercial sales setup.
• Serve as a senior commercial representative to major corporate and travel agency accounts. Identify customer issues and needs and ensure that the sales organization addresses them expediently.
• Drive quality revenues through right segmentation, premium & web sales.
• Contribute to the implementation of the overall commercial strategy consistent with the strategic plan, business plan, sales and marketing plan of the airline as an advisor to the SVP and CCO
• Provide strong leadership, mentoring, motivation and change management skills to a team of highly skilled sales professionals, developing high potential individuals for succession or rotation to other areas of the airline.
• Responsible for compliance with all provisions of the local laws applicable and if necessary to meet government agencies-officials and sort out issues of operational importance.
• 10 years of relevant experience handling sales function preferably handling sales in airline industry of which 03 years in a Managerial role.
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman’s Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman’s national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.