Position: Senior Finance Manager
Position Reports To: Finance Director
Position Location: Kuwait
The job holder will lead the finance analysis function and provide financial management support to business leaders and executives for a specific business. For large complex businesses the job holder will work with a Finance Director
The role of the function is to support the business in preparation of budgets, forecasting financials, perform meaningful analysis of financials, and assist operations in defining meaning KPIs for monitoring and improving performance and supporting business growth initiatives
· Finance lead in strategic and business planning & forecasting exercise.
· Directional discussions with VP/P/EVP on strategic, business planning and forecasting activity. Provide leads to analysis team for building detailed financial models.
· Provide insights on financial performance to VP/P/EVP at month ends and to engage in strategic discussions on areas of improvement
· Identify directional trends by reviewing KPIs and provide timely alerts to VP/P/EVPs and suggestions where possible.
· Validate and guide analysis team on revenue enhancing activities, cost savings ideas etc.
· Manage expectations of VP/P/EVP, step into unstructured meetings and engage in a meaningful dialogue.
· Aid in implementing business initiatives, expansions etc., participate in financial due diligence, member of decision making committee etc.
· Develop strategies for efficient utilization of financial resources.
· Set vision for analysis team and drive performance
· Provide leadership to a team of finance professionals, up to and including finance managers
· Professionally Qualified – CA/CPA/CMA/MBA or equivalent.
· Minimum 8 years of post-qualification professional experience within finance, with at least 3 years as a Finance Manager in a multinational environment
· Experienced in applying financial and management accounting concepts in daily operations.
· Experience of implementing financial Systems including business intelligence tools.
· Creative, problem solving and negotiating skills.
· Directional thinking on incomplete and unstructured information.
· Excellent communication skills, able to simplify communication around complex matters, strong oral, written and presentation skills.
· High degree of executive presence and confidence in working collaboratively with VPs/Presidents/EVPs
· Ability to work cross-functionally and build strong relationships with senior stakeholders
· Experienced in structuring discussions and aligning interests of departmental heads around financial allocations, goals etc.
· Manage department objectives and ensure completion of tasks in a complete and timely manner without compromising quality.
· Strong talent development skills with the proven ability to coach and mentor diverse talent
People in this role would naturally progress to one of the following positions:
· Finance Director
· Corporate Controller
- Job Location
- Al Kuwait, Kuwait
- Company Industry
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Finance and Investment
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Job Ref.
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 8 Max: 12