The IRC has been operational in Jordan since 2007 and today, the IRC responds to refugees and Jordanians most urgent and sensitive needs, including health care, women’s protection and empowerment, child protection, and economic resiliency. Seven years into the war, and the Jordan Country Program is going through a number of program transitions and expansions including the start-up of innovative employment services programming, and innovation lab and a municipal support and economic recovery program in Amman.
The IRC is seeking a motivated candidate to support IRC’s new portfolio in East Amman. The Sr.Field Management Officer will be responsible for initial operational aspects ensure smooth running of programs in east Amman, including budget forecasting and management, field centers management, and will lead on-the-ground coordination efforts with local partners, authorities and the IRC’s operations department.
• Ensure field facilities in east Amman are adequately equipped for smooth operation, and receive needed operational support
• Work with programs to identify any additional office space needs, and take lead in identifying viable options for additional offices/centers needed in east Amman
• Monitor lease managements and staff contracts and ensure no gaps between renewals, and that renewal decisions are made on actual need bases
• Supports program coordinators and managers in consolidating and finalizing their operational and logistical needs including materials and furniture, office space and repartitions, and operational planning and scheduling,
• Monitor fleet/movement needs for east Amman based programs, and work with supervisor on recommended options
• Submit monthly reports for vehicle usage for east Amman
• In collaboration with Finance, revise and manage the operational budget for the East Amman operation, ensuring clear projections and planning and close monitoring of expenditures.
• Submit monthly reports for budget updates, Identifying gaps and future funding needs for the operational section of the program.
• In collaboration with the main office, make necessary recommendations for policy updates when necessary to better fit the needs of work and comply with IRC & donor policies
• Works closely with technical coordinators and the R&D team to ensure that the appropriate methodologies and operational guidelines are drafted jointly for use in the initials stages of program implementation;
Human Resources Management
• Support the recruitment and onboarding of any operational staff needed, and approved, for the East Amman operation (like cleaners, and possibly guards).
• Assess the needs for essential support staff for day to day running of East Amman centers
• Responsible for adhering to IRC’s Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures
Coordination & Representation
• Maintain strong operational relationships with Greater Amman Municipality staff in line with our Collaboration Agreement, in order to ensure the smooth start-up of the East Amman programming in Hashemi al Janoubi;
• Liaise within IRC programs for better and effective representation of IRC in east Amman
• In close coordination with the Deputy Director of Operations, maintain effective coordination with external stakeholders including local partners and government, and local community;
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Deputy Director of Operations
Position directly supervises: cleaners & guards based in the field facilities in east Amman (with possibility of adding an assistant)
Indirect Reporting: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: IRC Jordan Deputy Director of Programs, ERD, WPE and R&D program teams Supply Chain, Finance, Grants Department, HR
External: Greater Amman Municipality staff and IRC Amman partners;
• BA/BS Degree in economics, business administration, law, and/or related major; MA/MS/MBA a plus
• Minimum of 2 years professional experience in humanitarian response and/or international development programming;
• Proven experience managing program and project startup activities, including planning and operational aspects;
• Prior experience working in emergency settings or insecure environments preferred.
• Strong program/technical and budget management skills, planning, reporting, monitoring and evaluation skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties.
• Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well, has a strong sense of humor.
• Fluency in Arabic; and strong command of English
The position is based in East Amman.
Only applicants who apply through the link will be considered .
- Job Location
- Amman, Jordan
- Company Industry
- Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Support Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Job Ref.
- Career Level
- Entry Level
- Years of Experience
- Min: 2
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma