– Assist in reviewing and verifying all the civil/structural design documentation to ensure that the structures designed meet local regulations and international standards, codes of safety and structural integrity.
– Review, check and comment on all civil / structural design calculations, drawings, layouts and specifications. Provide comments and assurance that the structures as designed meet local regulations, international standards and codes for safety, integrity, strength and stiffness.
– Review geotechnical reports in order to ensure the chosen foundation system is appropriate for its intended purpose.
– Review the loading assumptions to ensure local and international standards are met.
– Review deliverables for design and construction packages to ensure compliance with quality, cost and regulatory requirements.
– Ensure that structures serve their function without collapsing, bending, twisting or vibrating in undesirable ways, making efficient use of materials to achieve these structural goals
– Participate in Value Engineering studies/workshops in order to identify and recommend areas for cost reduction from optimal re-design of projects and optimal quantity of required construction materials
– Review all design submittals including drawings, specifications and computer models Review contractor technical submittals for compliance with contract drawings and specification.
Review contractor’s schedules and monthly reports:
– Carry out thorough site inspections to ensure that work is carried out to the appropriate standards, local regulations and international standards and codes for safety and structural integrity and as per the approved drawings and specifications.
– Work closely with the Internal and External Design Consultants to reach agreement regarding safe design practices whilst maintaining the aesthetic vision requirements of the project.
– Prepare periodical MIS and progress reports on critical issues to keep the Design/Engineering Manager informed about the progress of various initiatives and to facilitate decision making.
– Coordination and resolution of construction issues. Participate in design and construction progress meetings. Review procurement and submittal schedules.
– Assist with Constructability Reviews to analyze and assess the feasibility of construction.
– Review and assess physical limitations of the work site; laydown / storage area requirements; availability of utilities; interfaces.
– Review and assess availability of labor and materials; long
– Review building layout and design of internal space to maximize efficiencies.
– Bachelor’s degree in Civil / Structural Engineering
– 4 – 6 years in civil/structural role in a large mixed use real estate project
– Basic knowledge of green building construction and sustainability issues.
– Expertise in computer-aided design (CAD) technology for simulation purposes
– Expertise in the usage of structural design software
Orion Engineering was established in 1987 to supply Engineering personnel to the Oil and Gas Industry. Since then the company has grown significantly and presently has in excess of 4000+ personnel on secondment worldwide.
Our blue chip client list includes major oil companies such as Shell, BP, Chevron Texaco and Exxon Mobil and major engineering contractors and suppliers such as Technip, Wood Group. Talisman and Wormald Tyco.
The division has offices at various strategic locations throughout the world including London, Houston, Aberdeen, Lagos, Doha, Singapore and 5 offices throughout Kazakhstan.