Sidra Medicine is a state-of-the-art academic medical center that will function to the level of the highest international standards. Their clinical focus is on the specialty care of women and children. Their friendly, family-centered environment is a 399-bed state-of-the-art facility serving Qatari and international women and children and their families. Their experienced staff operate within a model of care underpinned by international evidence-based best practice and supported by world class technology. Inter-professional teams work collaboratively to secure wellness and optimize patient/family outcomes. Clinical research focused on education, quality improvements and a culture of patient and family safety is used to inform and guide best practice standards.
– Senior Engineer – Biomedical (General)
– The Senior Engineer – Biomedical is responsible for the supervision of assigned BME Technicians and Technologists and functions in a senior technical capacity on a variety of assigned medical equipment (working supervisory position).
– Supervises, coordinates and influences all functions related to the daily safety testing, repair and maintenance of biomedical patient care equipment.
– Provides on-site leadership for all components of the medical equipment management plan, and participates in the development of departmental policies, programs and continuous quality improvement initiatives.
– Maximizes patient safety by supporting proper use, application and operational performance for patient care equipment.
– Acts as a technical resource to other BME staff for repair and maintenance activities on selected equipment and systems.
– Excellent, tax-free remuneration and benefits
– The salary and benefits on offer at our client hospital are very generous and are free from any income tax in Qatar.
– Healthcare and dental insurance.
– Company provided accommodation or Housing Allowance.
– Company provided transport or transportation allowance.
– Other financial rewards (e.g. performance bonuses, end-of service gratuity).
– Generous paid vacation time and public holidays.
– Annual airfare allowance.
– Mobilization and repatriation airfares.
– Continuing professional development.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Electronic / Biomedical Engineering
– 5+ year’s progressively more advanced technical experience in the Biomedical Engineering field ranging from hands-on to senior technical roles, followed by a minimum of 3+years supervisory level experience (i.e. a minimum 8+ years total BME experience)
– Demonstrated experience participating in JCAHO or JCIA accreditation surveys
– Full understanding of the IEC 80001-1 standard
– Combinations of education and experience will be considered
– Multicultural workplace experience
– Proven technical background in a variety of clinical areas (i.e. OR, Anesthesia, Imaging, Laboratory, general equipment, etc.)
– Skilled in the use of electronic medical equipment database programs
– Understanding of automated BME test equipment concepts
– Skilled in the understanding of current electrical safety codes
– Able to function at committee level for expert technical advice on selected medical devices
– Familiar with the JCIA, AAMI, ECRI, NFPA, ANSI, FDA, etc. and able to test devices to the latest standards
– Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
– Fluency in written and spoken English
Professional Connections International Healthcare Recruitment Agency
Professional Connections, often referred to as Profco, is an international healthcare recruitment specialist. Profco is working to help placing credentialed nurses, doctors and allied health professionals in exciting opportunities with leading hospitals around the world. International assignments are a great way for nurses and other healthcare professionals to broaden their experience and to see how healthcare is delivered in other countries, while at the same time enhancing their career prospects as they gain experience in different parts of the world.