What we are looking for?
SSH are looking for talented Senior Electrical / Instrumentation Supervisors (ICT) to join our team in Kuwait. The Inspector must demonstrate a minimum of 7 yrs. experience working on projects in the Middle East.
Our portfolio of live projects includes cultural, healthcare, hospitality and retail projects across the Middle East and North Africa.
SSH is one of the leading master planning, infrastructure, building design, construction supervision and project management firms in the Middle East, with a reputation for design integrity and a portfolio of landmark projects throughout the region.
What will my responsibilities look like in this role?
Supervises installations and construction activities to ensure work is performed according to specification and regulations.
- Managing, monitoring and reporting on the delivery of SSH’s Scope of Services under SSH’s Contract assuming responsibilities and authorities as delegated by the Discipline Engineer Including but not limited to:
- Monitoring and inspecting installations and construction activities to ensure work is performed according to design drawings, specification, SSH policies and procedures and industry best practices.
- Issuing violation notices and stop-work orders, conferring with owners, violators, and authorities to explain regulations and recommend rectifications and inspecting and monitoring construction sites to ensure adherence to safety standards, building codes, or specifications.
- Preparation of snagging lists.
- Inspecting materials delivered to the project site for compliance with shop drawings.
- Contract requirements and approved materials data / samples.
- Checking quality of works to ensure compliance with the contract specification requirements.
- Carries out regular periodic inspections at the site to ensure that safety standards are being maintained.
- Reviews ‘As Built’ drawings and ‘Operation and Maintenance Manuals’ to ensure correctness.
- Project reporting to the DE on a regular basis not limited to the projects delivery performance, risks, changes ensuring all project KPI’s are met as set out in the Construction Contract, SSH Contract and SSH IMS Policies, Procedures, Manuals and Guidelines. Including but not limited to:
- Updating DE on the status of site projects being managed and notifying concerned immediately if any serious incident occurs .
- If appropriate, instructing emergency procedures to avoid accidental damage.
- Ensure all QA/QC documents are processed for respective project sites; maintains daily logs.
- Supplements inspection records with photographs and issues field observation report and ‘none conformance report’ (NCR) to the DE immediately upon observation.
- Communicate with all discipline relevant project stakeholders maintaining strong relationships through regular and effective lines of communication.
- Contribute to a professional and respectful working environment.
- Job Location
- Al Kuwait, Kuwait
- Company Industry
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Job Ref.
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 6
- Residence Location
- Certification / diploma