JOB OBJECTIVE: To develop and implement cost analysis processes, monitor expenditures against estimated allowances and auditing systems compliance to ensure early detection of significant variances and make appropriate corrective recommendations.
- Conduct studies and analysis of cost of products, services and network to determine integrity of information and make appropriate recommendations when shortcomings are detected.
- Perform periodic cost analysis to provide inputs to the direct manager on establishing more efficient systems on cost allocations.
Costing Standards Development:
- Develop a standardized costing structure and reporting system to meet international requirements for cost allocation or other regulatory requirements.
- Prepare monthly budget reports for the Head of Costing highlighting the month total forecasted cost, cost incurred, profitability forecast, cash flow forecast and variances of budgeted amounts from actual to track and manage budgets.
- Assist in the development of budget forecasts, perform variance analysis to compare budgeted figures to forecast and consider alternative scenarios and economic prospects as appropriate to ensure accurate forecasting is achieved.
- Coordinate physical inventory counts and cycle counts in order to identify variances and resolve issues.
- Review and update costs (standard, COGS, overheads) in order to identify variances and correct the same in alignment with GAAP.
- Conduct the periodical and perpetual inventory valuation activities to provide the Head of Costing a monetary value for items that make up the inventory.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures:
- Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
Statements and Reports
- Assist in the preparation of timely and accurate departmental statements and reports such as the planned performance reports, the planned against actual budget reports, and the daily gross profit reports to meet and department requirements, policies and standards.
- Conduct ongoing process constraint analyses by providing reports on break-even points, margins, and periodic variances to keep management informed at all time.
- Prepare and upload dashboard/ executive reports to the CFO on SAP on a monthly basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years‘ experience in Cost Analysis, preferably involving large capital works projects or within a large manufacturing company.
- Job Location:
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Accounting and Auditing
- Employment Type:
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Job Ref.:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 5
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma