Senior Consultant, Integrated Health Solutions, KSA
Integrated Health Solutions (IHS) team members are seasoned professionals with in-depth knowledge of the healthcare value chain, as well as breadth of experience across multiple disciplines. They partner with hospital management teams and payers to drive complex transformational change, implement innovative growth strategies, streamline patient-focused care pathways and optimize operations.
Over the past 4 years, IHS has successfully built and commercialized managed care offerings for Cath Labs and Operating rooms. Currently, there are 100+ active accounts with close to $ 2 billion of total contract revenue. Consulting services, particularly Operational Excellence has been a crucial value proposition to our clients.
Our teams partner with stakeholders across the value chain, with focus on hospital management teams, government regulators, providers, and payers, to drive complex transformational change, implement innovative growth strategies, streamline patient-focused care pathways and optimize operations. Our aspiration is to strengthen and grow the consulting business in MEACAT by bringing in world class consulting talent and practices and expanding the set of offerings. Consulting offerings will be the “lead-in” or “door opener” for managed services offerings.
SCOPE OF THE JOB
The Senior Consultant, reports to the leadership of MEACAT Consulting teams. He/ she will be responsible with leadership team to establish high performing and cutting-edge consulting business within IHS. The role includes working with BD teams to develop the business and leading implementation of IHS focused solutions. He/she will connect with clients, understand their most pressing business problems and deliver high value services which improve the productivity, quality and competitiveness of the healthcare system. He/she will also support the expansion and professionalization of our consulting service offering.
MAIN JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
Project delivery: Responsible for delivery of strategy/commercial/operational excellence consulting engagements led by regional teams
• Ensure high quality deliverables that exceed client expectations
• Ensure on-time completion of projects
• Facilitate collaboration and business integration along the Healthcare and Hospital Value Chain.
• Partner with strategic accounts to drive complex transformational change, implement innovative growth strategies, streamline patient-focused care pathways and optimize operations
• Identify, frame and prioritize initiatives to capture value.
Business model innovation: Contribute to business model innovation projects within IHS team to develop and commercialize new services
Offering/knowledge building: Contribute to developing a world-class offerings in area of Strategy/Commercial/Operational Excellence consulting
• Lead development an d implementation of knowledge assets like frameworks, tools , approaches, implementation guides and case studies.
• Capture learning and best-practices and continuously enrich Medtronic consulting toolbox
• Develop knowledge spikes and be recognized as “go-to-experts”
Team building: Pro-actively contribute and lead initiatives to build a world-class consulting team in EMEA
• Coach and mentor junior colleagues
• Develop efficient and effective ways-of-working
• Instill a “consulting” culture within regional and local teams
• Work as part of a team to manage full end-to-end projects / programs
• Project / program management skills (incl. people management skills),
• Relationship building / customer engagement skills,
• Healthcare expertise, with specific focus on Operating Rooms
• Consultancy expertise, with leading consulting organizations (operational and management consulting)
• Change management skills
• Professional degree (i.e., MD (ideally) or PhD in Healthcare, with MBA)
• Excellent English and Arabic language, other language skills are a plus
• Ex-consultant from top tier consulting firm at Sr. Associate or Junior Manager level (~2-3 years’ experience post MBA)
• Experience in healthcare provider & payor work in MEACAT
• Experience with the use of process optimization methodologies (BPR; lean sigma).
• Project delivery experience preferred.
• Experience in optimizing performance in multiple hospital and operating theatre settings and delivering results
• Experience in Change management / Change
• Experience in a clinical / hospital environment preferred.
• Experience in Lean (Six) Sigma is a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to operate from idea generation, strategy development through detailed implementation and results delivery.
• Experience of how to work and communicate in international environments preferably in Matrix organizations
• Strong problem solver, with knowledge of healthcare provide business
• Distinctive communication skills and team leadership skills
• Confidence to build trust based relationships with clients
• Knowledge in MS Access, PowerPoint, Excel
• Willingness to travel within MEACAT (50-70%)
Medtronic is the global leader in medical technology – alleviating pain, restoring health and extending life for millions of people around the world.
Medtronic’s mission is:
To contribute to human welfare by application of biomedical engineering in the research, design, manufacture, and sale of instruments or appliances that alleviate pain, restore health, and extend life.
To direct our growth in the areas of biomedical engineering where we display maximum strength and ability; to gather people and facilities that tend to augment these areas; to continuously build on these areas through education and knowledge assimilation; to avoid participation in areas where we cannot make unique and worthy contributions.
To strive without reserve for the greatest possible reliability and quality in our products; to be the unsurpassed standard of comparison and to be recognized as a company of dedication, honesty, integrity, and service.
To make a fair profit on current operations to meet our obligations, sustain our growth, and reach our goals.
To recognize the personal worth of employees by providing an employment framework that allows personal satisfaction in work accomplished, security, advancement opportunity, and means to share in the company’s success.
To maintain good citizenship as a company.