Senior Civil Engineer, reporting to an Engineering manager, originate and review complex Infrastructure engineering design & deliverable s, such as steel and reinforced concrete calculations & analysis, material submittals, material take-off and specifications.
Senior Civil Engineer shall lead and manage a group of professional structural engineers and/or CAD operators, also can work well under multitasking, with good management experience & teamwork skills under timelines to Accomplishes department objectives by meeting Quality of work and cost standards.
Duties and Responsibilities with Estimation Department:
• Study all new EPC Tenders documents carefully with general reviewing concept design and validation of major structural i
• Prepare a list of tender queries for a client regarding the scope of work and any missing information in tender documents.
• Preparation of preliminary design and layout drawings for Infrastructure elements considering the most optimistic design,
fulfilling client requirements and local authorities’ regulation.
• Preparation of preliminary BOQ for the above mentioned works to enable estimation to prepare a most comparative price.
• Response to Estimation Department inquiries that will enable them to verify the client BOQ
• Highlight any design issues that might significantly affect tender pricing.
Duties and Responsibilities with the Operation
• Originate and review complex Infrastructure engineering deliverables, such as piping and network calculations & analysis, material submittals, material take-off and specifications.
• Prepare detailed shop drawings, material takeoff, cross sections, reinforcement details with all other related infrastructure details.
• Prepare shop drawings for excavation plans, blinding, formwork, foundation, , rebar’s arrangement, water stop details, ..etc.
• Ensure that all construction detail and rebar’s cut and bend requirements are properly indicated on drawings.
• Reviews and coordinates technical documents and IFC drawings with/from Client, construction team and other engineering disciplines.
• Prepare technical reports relates to specific design / construction issues.
• Manage specifically assigned project activities in accordance with construction baseline program.
• Provides technical direction to draftsman and less experienced engineers as directed.
• Prepare analysis models and design of infrastructure elements.
• Lead and/or participate in technical discussions with the client, suppliers, construction, procurement, etc.
• Prepare conceptual studies, designs, reports, or proposals
• Assist in constructability reviews.
• Initiate the request for information to the client in case of missing information or contradiction between design and IFC drawings.
• Prepare cost and time impact study and analysis that may happen due to changes in design drawings, a design parameter, baseline program, and material specification.
Within Engineering Department
• Updating Engineering Department monthly progress reports.
• Follow up the infrastructure works progress for all the running projects and tenders
• Implement & Update EDMS
Senior Infrastructure Engineer must have the following:
• A career spanning at least 10 years in the role of Structural Engineer and broad-based experience in structural design.
• Exposure to complex infrastructures and piping projects.
• The experience of design review across all design stages of specific work packages, with respect to the Client’s detailed
• The ability to work effectively as part of a site based team and demonstrate a cooperative, attentive, adaptable and
• Knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D and is highly regarded.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering. Professional registration is highly regarded.
Tec Group International partners with organizations in different sectors to support their growth and development. Our core business is in the recruitment of highly specialized technical and operational personnel, usually at mid to senior level.
Additionally, we support the engagement of over 515 contractors worldwide as well as a number of executive search mandates.
Headquartered in London, we have progressed in 5 years from a single site business to a global operation. We have regional centres in London, Glasgow, Houston, Boston, Dubai and Qatar.
Our growth, despite progressive, has been modest and in-tune with our clients and their growth. We have 40 recruitment consultants and 11 support staff globally.