We are currently seeking to hire a “Retail buyer” who will be responsible for planning, selecting and purchasing quantities of goods and merchandise that are sold in retail stores. They source new and review existing goods to ensure their products remain competitive.
- Liaising with existing suppliers and negotiating contracts.
- Sourcing and building relations with new suppliers.
- Sourcing and selecting new products through catalogs and by attending national and international trade fairs and events.
- understanding the basic rules of vendor management, allocation and price negotiation.
- Monitoring market changes, competitor prices and products.
- Analyzing past sales patterns to anticipate trends in consumer buying pattern.
- Recommending clearance sales and varying delivery schedules to help control stock levels.
- Presenting new ranges to retail managers.
- Assisting visual merchandisers in planning store layouts to promote key lines.
- Working with the advertising department in order to present sales promotions.
- Commercial acumen and a passion for the sector and its products
- An understanding of what motivates customers to buy individual products
- Confidence combined with negotiating, influencing and networking skills
- Creativity and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to make major decisions
- Customer focus
- Team working and leadership skills
- Numeracy and IT skills
Bachelor Degree in business Management, business Administration or any relevant domain
- Job Location:
- Al Kuwait, Kuwait
- Company Industry:
- Distributions and Logistics
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Purchasing and Procurement
- Employment Type:
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Job Ref.:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 3
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma