Parsons is the Project Consultant for the construction supervision of a large prestigious infrastructure project in Qatar. The Work scope comprises roads, highway intersections, bridges and other structures, electrical (HV and LV), potable water, ITS, TBM microtunnel works, sewerage (foul water) drainage, stormwater drainage networks and other utility/services networks.
The Resident Engineer (Roads) will assist the Senior Resident Engineer in administering the operational functions of the day-to-day activities on the project, with specific duties related to the work on the road and associated works. He will supervise the work of the site engineers and the work inspectors working on the construction supervision of the road and associated works.
• Direct the site supervision related to road and associated works including surface drainage, road’s structures and traffic signals and road’s furniture.
• Coordinate his direct activities with the other discipline RE’s to maintain consistency and integrity in the overall construction.
• Responsible for reviewing all shop drawings, design proposals, method statements, any requests for information relating to the roads and associated works.
• Coordinate with Parsons’ design Engineers for resolution of related issues.
• Maintain the Resident Engineer’s daily diary and daily diaries and reports by his subordinates.
• Coordinate with the Contractor on scheduling and application of resources.
• Direct, assist and monitor the performance of the construction team working on the supervision of the construction of the road work and associated works including the site engineers, the work inspectors and the surveyors.
• Coordinate with Client/PMC, the Contractor and related concerned authorities.
• Advise on contractual and construction matters regarding road work and associated works, utilities diversions and installations, traffic diversions, road’s furniture and other related works.
• Supervise, review, monitor and report on the progress of the road and associated works.
• Liaise with all parties for site safety and quality of works.
• Convene and chair regular site meetings about issues related to road work and related activities;
• Issue additional drawings etc. as required in coordination with the design office.
• Ensure prompt exchange of correspondence and approvals.
• Ensure accuracy and completeness of records.
• Ensure safety goals are achieved on the project and oversee implementation of safety procedures on the project.
• Act positively, and participate in all health and safety issues at the site, as required by the Senior Resident Engineer, and the Project Safety Representative.
• Comply with safety, health and risk management requirements.
• Provide all necessary on-site direction and issue indications concerning roadworks, utilities and other related activities.
• Report back as necessary to the Senior Resident Engineer.
• Check and measure the performed work and record and display progress vs programmed work.
• Prepare progress reports as applicable.
• Ensure correctness and completeness of ‘as-built’ drawings in the area of his discipline.
• Participate in contract administration.
• Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering and minimum fifteen, (15) years post graduate experience in design, site supervision, and construction management of major highway projects of complex nature.
• Demonstrable experience in all aspects of civil supervision on major road, highway and general infrastructure projects preferably in the Gulf region.
• Chartered Engineer or Professional Engineer (PE) registration or other similar professional organisations accepted by the Authority.
• Emphasis on Quality Assurance Specifications and Statistical Quality Control.
• Should be able to review and justify the material submissions analyse laboratory and technical reports, carry out acceptance sampling plans, testing and quality measures, ensuring the compliance with the project’s Specifications.
• Must have a sound knowledge of contractual relationships.
• Must be fully computer literate and able to utilise computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, etc. and any project specific engineering and construction relevant software.
• Must be fluent in English both written and spoken with an excellent capability in written technical skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.