We are currently searching for a Resident Engineer to join our team in Kuwait. The Resident Engineer must demonstrate a minimum of 10 yrs experience of working as a Resident Engineer on a building project in the Middle East.
The Resident Engineer is required to act as Engineer’s/Client’s Representative in the administration of the construction contract. To ensure that SSH’s responsibilities under the Supervision Agreement with the Client and the Supervision Undertaking with the Municipality are fulfilled.
- Coordinates with the Project Manager regarding design and documentation issues.
- Action all construction contract correspondence with contractor(s), client and construction manager .
- Review and action material, shop drawing, sample, mock-up etc. submittals.
- Issue instructions to contractor for their action to comply with the construction contract time and quality requirements.
- Action the Client’s instructions to modify the works in consultation with the Head Office if involving change to the design.
- Liaise with the Head Office designers and Statutory Authorities to resolve site queries.
- Issue to the client and SSH Head Office regular project progress reports.
- Review and process contractor payments and variation orders.
- Review and advise client on contractor claims.
- Issue substantial and final completion certificates. Prepare and follow up snag lists.
- Review and approve operation and maintenance manuals and as-built drawings.
- Issue SSH supervision invoices to Client for payment. Follow up payment until received.
• 15 years previous experience in a similar role.
• Professional Registration in the country of origin.
• Advanced technical writing and communication skills and fluency in the English language.
B Eng or Civil or Structural Engineering, B Sc Architecture or B Architecture
- Job Location:
- Al Kuwait, Kuwait
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Job Ref.:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 15
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma