The Resident Construction Engineer is the field civil engineering position in construction management and application of Civil/structural engineering expertise on civil.
1. Perform Construction Administration Services for Civil/Structural work performed by a General Contractor,
subcontractors for the construction of different types of buildings or infrastructure.
2. Review Shop Drawings for compliance with Contract Documents
3. Review product data, samples, certification and other submitting for compliance with contract documents.
4. Respond to Requests for Information (RFI) submitted by the Contractor
5. Provide clarification of the requirements of the contract documents
6. Review installed work for conformance to the contract documents.
7. Observe testing performed by the Contractor and determine conformance with the contract documents.
8. Lead effort of work coordination on site, and supervising the construction activities on-site
9. Be the liaison and facilitator of the verification process of work performed on-site.
10. Lead the effort of Quality Assurance with the Contractor.
11. First determine, and then implement the tastes and material selection choices of the Royal Commission’s Finishes Committee.
12. Provide all level of civil/structure work (all Construction phases) for possible changes in the work.
13. Initial review of cost proposals and applications for payment submitted by the Contractor.
14. Perform conceptual and detailed estimates of potential changes to the project’s scope of work.
15. Verify the accuracy of prices and quantities included in the contract documents for construction activities.
16. Collaborate with Royal Commission staff in expediting all critical aspects of site development and building construction.
17. Provide General direction to Contractor in the construction site of the project through technical references.
1. B.S. Degree in Civil/Structural or Construction Management from a western recognized university
2. Minimum of 8 years of field experience in construction of major building projects; Varity of building types, offices, residential developments, etc. As well as roads and infrastructure projects
3. Requires basic construction knowledge in Civil/Structural.
4. Knowledge of exterior glass curtain wall, precast concrete and other exterior “skin” systems and coordination of the same for all types of buildings.
5. Skilled in PC including various software used in the design and construction in civil/structure programs
6. Knowledge of Cad is a requirement
7. Must be able to communicate in both spoken and written English skills.
8. Must be able to obtain Saudi Driver License.
9. BIM experience is not a requirement, but would be a plus
- Job Location
- Yanbu, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry
- Construction & Building
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Civil Engineering
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 7
- Residence Location
- Saudi Arabia
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma