Nursing and Midwifery
CCU/ Coronary Care Unit
We are hiring for the No. 1 ranked hospital in The Middle East.
Our client Hospital is a 985 bedded Magnet Accredited Tertiary referral Hospital.
Contact us today for an information and application pack. We will guide you through the recruitment and relocation process.
Scope of Service, Coronary Care Unit
Number of Beds:
18 Beds + Procedure Room
Nine single cubicles, One double occupancy cubicle, One three-bedded room. Four private rooms)
Nurse Patient Ratio:
1:2 Stable patients
1:1 For very the critically ill (i.e. multiple drips vent, Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy, Intra Aortic Balloon pump)
Scope of Service:
The Coronary Care Unit (CCU) provides comprehensive 24-hour nursing care for adult patients requiring intensive care for a condition, which is usually cardiac in origin. The most common conditions are:
• Acute Coronary Syndrome
• Congestive heart failure/cardiomyopathy
• Recurrent/malignant dysrhythmia
Patients receiving precutaneous interventional procedures for cardiac conditions (PTCA, stent implantation, valvuloplasty, and catheter ablations) are also treated. Additional conditions treated include cardiogenic shock, hypertensive crisis, endocarditis, hemodynamic instability, malfunctioning AICDs and pacemakers.
The use of nursing process: assessment, planning, interventions, and evaluation are the framework used to direct patient care for the following activities.
• Invasive Hemodynamic monitoring, e.g., Arterial, CVP, PA. IABP
• Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT) and Hemodialysis
• Continuous cardiac monitoring with 12-lead ECG and dysrhythmia interpretation
• Continuous nursing assessments of patients’ physical and emotional needs and corresponding therapeutic interventions.
• Diagnostic procedures include electrophysiology studies, coronary angiography, and echocardiography.
• Therapeutic modalities include coronary intervention, temporary external pacing, temporary and permanent invasive pacing, ventilator support, emergency resuscitation, cardioversion, intra-aortic balloon pump insertion and management, and management of patients with
• AICD implantation or malfunction.
• Pharmacological interventions include thrombolytic agents, intravenous vasoactive and antiarrhythmic drugs.
• Oxygen therapy and pulse oximetry.
• Management of artificial airways and mechanically ventilated patients.
• Pain management
• Patient/Family education.
• Psychosocial and emotional support.
• Infection control and safety management.
• Femoral arterial/venous sheath removal
• Bedside Bronchoscopy.
• Bedside percutaneous Tracheostomy tube insertion.
• Chest tube insertion.
• Generous tax-free income.
• Lucrative benefits package to include free fully furnished accommodation, free healthcare, free flights and 54 days paid leave per year.
• Registered Nurse with current nursing license from country of origin
• Two years recent experience is cardiac ICU or Coronary Care Unit
Professional Connections International Healthcare Recruitment Agency
Professional Connections, often referred to as Profco, is an international healthcare recruitment specialist. Profco is working to help placing credentialed nurses, doctors and allied health professionals in exciting opportunities with leading hospitals around the world. International assignments are a great way for nurses and other healthcare professionals to broaden their experience and to see how healthcare is delivered in other countries, while at the same time enhancing their career prospects as they gain experience in different parts of the world.