Strong Supply Chain support is a key to the success and delivery of quality programs. IRC defines Supply Chain as those systems and support functions necessary to implement programs effectively, inclusive of procurement, logistics, inventory management, property and asset management as well as vehicle and fleet management. The Regional Supply Chain Director (RSCD), in close collaboration with regional leadership, country leadership, program teams, country supply chain operations and Global Supply Chain based in NY, will focus on developing and supporting a high standard of Supply Chain excellence to maximize program support, efficiency, and results.
• Work closely with the regional and country program teams to develop Supply Chain strategies that prioritize initiatives to improve operational capabilities and effectiveness
• Support priority categories of Cash and Pharma supply chain with end-to-end supply chain development
• Be the expert on market dynamics and the supply base by country and for the region as a whole and ensure supply plan strategies are in place, tailored and optimized
• Develop effective partnerships with global, regional and country stakeholders to plan for future requirements and develop proactive supply chain strategies
• Identify regional and country Supply Chain strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) though market analysis, operational assessments, regional procurement and contracting capacity and develop action plans in partnership with GSC, regional and country staff accordingly
• Work with country office teams to develop integrated supply chains and assist supply chain teams in developing/improving linkages between their department and programs.
• Utilize metrics to measure and assess Supply Chain efficiency and success in the country programs
• Review organization Supply Chain structures and staffing levels to ensure effective and cost-efficient support to programs.
• Act as “first line” advisory resource for country Supply Chain staff.
• Identify team capacity building opportunities and promote training and other development activities for national staff
• Assess regional needs and advocate that sufficient resources are invested for program success
• Lead implementation and delivery of global and regional initiatives
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Chief Global Supply Chain Officer with dual reporting to Middle East Regional Vice President
Position directly supervises: Roving Supply Chain Coordinator; jointly leads Country Program Supply Chain Coordinator in region
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Global Supply Chain teams, country program senior management team, HQ departments
• Minimum 10 years of experience with demonstrated success as a Supply Chain leader across all disciplines within supply chain including planning, procurement and logistics, within a region or global environment
• Expertise in managing a pharmaceutical (including cold-chain) supply chain network
• Knowledge and experience in supporting Cash programming
• Support regional and country strategy and plan development and support regional teams remotely
• Effectively manages ambiguity
• Must have proven project management skills and experience, excellent communication skills, the ability to analyze and resolve complex issues, and a team building work style
• Requires a demonstrated record of initiative, problem solving, and change management
• C-Level presentation skills, negotiation and relationship skills
• Strong collaborator and influencer with effective interpersonal and analytical skills who is able to work seamlessly across countries, cultures, and organizational units
• Able to work effectively in a highly matrixed structure
• Excellent training and coaching ability
• Ability to travel as needed to support country requirements
• English and Arabic language skills
Standard office work environment. Travel approximately 25%
Standards of Professional Conduct
IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Attention Returning National Candidates:
IRC strives to attract, motivate and retain qualified national staff in our programs. We strongly encourage national or returning national candidates to apply for this position. If you are a national of the country in which this position is based and are currently located outside of your home country and possess over two years of international work experience, the Middle East Region has introduced an attractive remuneration package. The package includes competitive compensation, return flight to post, shipping allowance, temporary housing and a relocation allowance. Certain restrictions may apply.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Job Location
- Amman, Jordan
- Company Industry
- Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Purchasing and Procurement
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Job Ref.
- Career Level