The Regional Operations Manager is responsible for one or more (AWS) Datacenter Clusters and PoP-scale deployments within an assigned region. It is the senior Infrastructure Operations role within the region and has managerial responsibility for safety, security, availability, scaling, and efficiency.
The Infrastructure Operations organizations are composed of four functions: compute operations, engineering operations, logistics, and security. Compute operations focuses on the server-level platforms that support both Amazon Retail and Amazon Web Services. Engineering Operations focuses the mechanical, electrical, and controls systems that support our datacenter critical environments. Logistics Operations executes materials planning and control to support both on-going operations and expansions. Security Operations is charged with the physical security of our people, assets, and customer data. The Regional Infrastructure Operations Leader must manage across the disparate functions but also have the ability to dive deep into any given function as needed.
• Hiring, managing, and developing the operations management team including compute operations managers, engineering operations managers, logistics operations managers, and security operations managers.
• Attainment of organizational performance goals and objectives relating to safety, security, availability, scaling, and efficiency.
• Planning and executing the Infrastructure Operations component of new AWS datacenter build outs, new colo build-outs, AWS datacenter expansions, and colo expansions, including server hardware install, troubleshooting and repair, security system install, troubleshooting and repair, and related Operations tasks.
• Operation and maintenance of mechanical, electrical, and controls systems for Amazon datacenters to include preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, and change management.
• Vendor management of colocation datacenter services providers to meet or exceed contracted performance SLA’s.
• Safety, security, and availability incident response, incident management, and incident resolution.
• Continuous improvement of operational processes, procedures, methods, and tools.
• Bachelor’s or Masters degree in engineering, computer science, or a related field.
• 10+ years of relevant management experience in datacenter operations, facility engineering operations, information technology critical environment facilities, advanced high volume manufacturing, datacenter build-outs and scaling, or similar.
• Demonstrated track record in delivering complex projects.
• Proven ability to hire, develop, and manage high-performing technical teams.
• Prior ownership of the operation of a mission-critical team and/or product.
• Ability to operate independently as a manager of a geographically distributed Infrastructure Operations management team.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Expertise in one or more continuous improvement methodologies such as Lean or Six Sigma.
• Experience managing software development or operational implementation of software tools.
• Technical project manager or member of a project team for a new datacenter build out and start up.
• Deep knowledge of information technology infrastructure domains such as compute server platforms, storage server platforms, server components, network devices, technologies and architectures, IT service delivery principles and best practices.
• Functional knowledge of datacenter mechanical, electrical, and controls systems.
RP International is the leading specialist recruitment consultancy in the established and emerging telecoms markets.
From our hubs covering the Americas, Europe the CIS, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific we have partnered with operators, vendors, systems integrators and consultancies in more than a hundred countries, giving us an in-depth understanding Of cultural sensitivities, local business practices and hiring requirements.
Our clients and candidates benefit from the long-term perspective and breadth of knowledge that comes from working with an industry partner.
From our beginnings providing telecoms expertise into deregulating markets, we have developed our range of services to supply executive search, contingent, contract and launch and transformation resource solutions across the industry.
Our historic success in cross-border search assignments connects our clients to a global network of industry talent.
We identify the best available candidates on a local, regional and international basis.