The REACH Database Assistant is responsible for providing a range of database functions to REACH JORDAN projects and REACH/ACTED MENA projects.
The REACH DB Assistant is responsible for completing the following tasks:
1. Data processing and management:
• To oversee all data entry supporting REACH assessment projects.
• Provide support in monitoring, cleaning and analysis incoming data.
• To collect and file all support documents needed for the database.
• Follow the work plan as outlined by the Senior DB Officer.
• REACH workload permitting, providing support to REACH/ACTED MENA programs databases providing data outputs upon request.
2. Developing Applications to support data collection:
• Use mobile data collection (Xlsforms) and database platforms to ensure all available functionalities are used to build more effective data collection tools.
• Support with the collection of geo-referenced data through the ODK collection tool.
• Ensure that all inputs and outputs for the Database team are filed on the REACH server, in line with the designated filing system.
• Ensure that backup system is running on all storage systems being used (local servers, mobile data collection servers, cloud storage).
4. IT & Networking
• Operate the Help Desk, providing technical support and troubleshooting for users’ hardware and software, network equipment, and printers/copiers.
• Ensuring the highest network day to day availability and good performance of the IT network and communications.
• Maintain network Software at servers and clients (PCs).
• Maintain and administer Backed up copies of Servers and client PCs data to prevent accidental loss.
• Understand and follow appropriate IT procedures, and support user awareness of IT systems and procedures.
• Maintenance for Network Cables and Points, make sure that all the cables are in good shape and there are no losses.
Technical skills and knowledge:
• Good command of at least one major database technology, (for example: Access, Excel), in addition to good general knowledge of database management.
• Experience working with large-scale data management.
• Comfortable using ODK applications for Android Platforms.
• Good command of GIS software (especially those used by ACTED), like ESRI ArcGIS.
• Flexibility and adaptability are essential, as well as the ability to plan, take initiative and organize work independently. In addition, impartiality, objectivity and confidentiality are essential.
• Willingness to learn and capacity to innovate.
• Be capable to adapt, shape develop tools best suited for REACH activities.
• Good organisational and communications skills with international and national staff.
• Server Windows 2008 R2, 2012 R2 and Workstation Windows 7, 8.1, 10.
• Basic networking skills including TCP/IP, and Network cabling and infrastructure.
- Job Location
- Amman, Jordan
- Company Industry
- Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Information Technology
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Job Ref.
- Career Level
- Entry Level
- Years of Experience
- Min: 2 Max: 4