Alstom Qatar Branch in consortium with QDVC have been awarded Lusail LRT TRAM project. As a turnkey project, Alstom is in charge of various sides of Lusail TRAM from Design, Construction, Test & Commissioning and Warranty. The Employer, Qatar Railways Company, has contracted with the Consortium (QDVC + Alstom) for the delivery of the Lusail Development Light Rail Transit System on the basis of a design and build contract under FIDIC Conditions of Contract for Plant and Design-Build, First Edition 1999. The Project is part of the overall Lusail project being developed by Qatari Diar to create a new city of 200,000 people on 35 square kilometers of land to the north of Doha, Qatar.
The Lusail Light Railway Transit System project comprises the following works:
• 4 tramway operating lines.
• 17.8km of double track at grade.
• 8.2km of single track at grade.
• 6.6km of underground double track in cut and cover tunnel.
• 22 stations at grade.
• 7 underground stations: 4 at Marina District, 1 at Entertainment City, 1 at Energy City and 1 at Qatar Petroleum District.
• 1 viaduct crossing over the North Road and the regional railway including the structure for a possible elevated interconnection station.
• 1 depot, maintenance/storage facility and test track.
• 28 tramway vehicles utilizing both catenary and catenary free technology.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Quantity Surveyor will be supporting the Contracts Team to manage commercial issues related to the Light Railway project up to the final acceptance of the work and final account.
• Management of day to day commercial issues related to the project including substantiating, presenting and negotiating Variations with the Employer’s Project Management Consultant.
• Implementation of change management processes.
• Ensure that registers, in relation to correspondences, notifications, and variation requests / orders and claims are accurate and up to date.
• Scrutinize cost proposals from Engineering team to ensure that all costs are captured and are justifiable. Prepare material, plant and labour costs as required.
• Preparation of price proposals for all variations in accordance with the contractually agreed rates.
• Preparation of reports, presentations, graphs for commercial review meetings
• Act in the interest of the company to maximize opportunities and ensure increase of contract margin
• Ensure reliable filing and easy access of the correspondence from, and to, the customer/partners.
• Provide at any time on Senior Management demand, a reliable and understandable commercial analysis of the project, variation status.
• Support Sourcing Department in the management of sub-contractors
• Work with planning team to determine the cost impact of EOT
• Candidates should come from a Quantity Surveying background preferrably with MEP and/or Rail experience.
• 5 – years of professional experience within the MEP and/or Rail Industries
• Middle East experience advantageous but not compulsory
• Chartered Surveyor (MRICS) or APC candidate would be preferred
• Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary Consortium environment is advantageous
• Self-motivated and detail oriented
• Team spirit approach and good communication skills
• Ability to work well with BOQs and prepare price build-ups
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES & EXPERIENCE
• Language Skills: Excellent command in English both verbal and writing
• Highly numerate- mathematically competent
• IT Skills: Advanced level in MS Office package in particular MS Excel.
• Location: Role is based in Doha with minimal traveling required
Alstom is committed to create a diverse & international working environment, that reflects the future of our industry, our clients and end-users. As an employee, you will have a unique opportunity to continue to build your career and directly contribute to the expanding growth of the global transport industry
- Job Location
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry
- Engineering; Transportation
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Job Ref.
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 5