GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The PPLM is the single interface of the Project Manager coordinating all Sourcing, Procurement and Logistics activities on a portfolio of project. He/she is fully responsible for the overall fulfillment of the procurement activities and commitments in the project, including on time delivery, quality and cost as per the negotiated by Sourcing team.
– Owning quality, costs (as negotiated by sourcing) and on time delivery of the material and services for the Project.
– Co-owning the Engineering Procurement Plan for the scope, where applicable
– Work with cross functional teams like Engineering, Sourcing to ensure the on-time delivery of documents (drawings, quotations, etc.) required to be obtained from suppliers
– Ensure timely issuance of the purchase orders.
– Owning the budget related to material, maintain and monitor the budget.
– Periodic progress monitoring and reporting to his management.
– Support the bundling activities in the project which includes convening periodic meetings of stakeholders.
– Establishes the procurement schedule.
– Coordinates offsite and on-site procurement activities for the project.
– Interface as required in coordination with project director, commodity leaders and supplier quality responsible.
– Coordinate to ensure the on-time issuance of purchase requisitions in the respective system to ensure timely placement of POs
– Follows up timely closure of NCRs (site and Shop) related to suppliers
– Supports Commodity Leaders and Buyers in obtaining technical specifications from engineering on-time.
– Participates in and/ or initiates periodic (preferably weekly) project meetings with the participation of quality, lead engineering, planning, logistics, project engineering manager etc. as applicable, who interface with sourcing at various stages and generates record notes/action list from these meetings and follows up on the actions.
– Regularly reviews the fulfillment by suppliers of all contractual requirements in regards to
– customs and duties with the support of the concerned function (taxation, expediting, Logistics etc.)
– Oversees claim management with the suppliers in coordination with Commodity leader/Buyer and the project.
– Effectively distributes and communicates relevant project information within the Procurement team.
– Establishes the monthly progress report, cost summary sheet and claim summary sheet.
– Responsible for reporting monthly progress, supplier claims and project cost summary to procurement management and into the project. Regularly updates suppliers cash out & project milestone recognition related to procurement.
– Represents procurement in Project meetings internally and externally, if so required by Project
– Ensures invoices are released in accordance with the process in place.
– Supports compliance with the Quality and EHS rules as applicable to the sourcing function.
– Consolidates experience feedback to the Commodity Leaders.
– Supports the PPL in fulfilling the overall project targets and works in alignment.
– Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
– Vast experience in Sourcing and in a leadership role related to project procurement
– Experience as Project Manager / Tender Project Manager / Senior Purchasing Manager or Sales Project Manager.
– Good understanding of legal/contractual aspects of an EPC contract
– Risk management knowledge.
– Ability to work efficiently in cross-functional teams.
– Good communicator and team work capability.
– Negotiation skills either with supplier base or with customers.
– General knowledge of purchasing standards, policies, procedures, and Sourcing management philosophy.
– Ability to coach & develop team members.
– Accountability, resilience, autonomy, and leadership.
– Decision making, problem solving, ability to independently resolve issues with difficult suppliers.
– Basics in scheduling/planning of large and complex projects.
– Technical knowledge of products purchased and power plant familiarity.
– Behave according to GE Code of Ethics and Values.
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE’s Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE’s Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it’s the world’s largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world’s oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.