Parsons’ engineering and construction management staff members create innovative, safe, and sustainable infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, and Kuwait. We deliver rail, transit, road, and highway transportation; water conveyance and wastewater treatment; oil and gas; land development; public; and aviation infrastructure to our customers and communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world-class infrastructure.
- Coordinates compilation of Request for Proposal (RFP) for the design portion of assigned project. Coordinates definition of detailed scope of work, determines major milestones, and recommends appropriate pricing policy for projects. Coordinates RFP preparation with departments associated with the projects, reviewing inputs and making necessary amendments.
- Assists in technical evaluation of potential bidders for design contracts and recommends short-lists of qualified contractors. Obtains client approval for completed RFPs and bidder shortlists.
- Participates in the evaluation of bids received, and in recommending the selection of Contractor.
- Participates in final negotiations to determine final terms of contract. Represents company in signing Summary Memorandum of Negotiations, and obtains approved Notice to Proceed.
- Coordinates with A/E contractors and dedicated personnel in providing technical information regarding progress, schedule and cost performance, and ensuring A/E contractor conforms with terms and condition of contract. Reports on major problem situations which could result in cost overruns or delays in schedules.
- Advises contractor of any changes (design or construction) requested by client. Initiates Contract Modification Request (CMR) providing justification of changes, and, as required, obtains approved Letter of Instruction for contractor to proceed on necessary limited portions. Coordinates compilation of Change Orders and participates in negotiating final terms of Change Order.
- Serves as liaison between various Departments.
- Determines necessary optional services and manages their performance. Issues required Call Letters to A/E contractors when optional services cannot be performed by project staff.
- Performs similar pre-award activities for construction portion of the project as were done for the design portion.
- Makes presentations on his projects to upper Management and Director General when required.
- A Bachelor degree in Engineering or in a field related from a credited educational institution.
- Project management experience of over 10 to 12 years
- Must have experience in reviewing and managing design specifications (previous experience as a Design Manager is preferred)
- Job Location:
- Jizan, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry:
- Construction/Civil Engineering
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Employment Type:
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Job Ref.:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 10
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
- Max: 50