To manage, coordinate and administer the High End Finishing Project (Design – Build) from the conceptual stages through planning, engineering, procurement, construction, start-up and prime contract closeout. To supervise the development of budgets and schedules, monitor progress and initiate action to ensure project objectives and schedules are met and work is performed within budget
1. To organize staff and lead Alghanim International teams to ensure project completion in a safe manner, within budget, on schedule and in conformance with the appropriate standards and specifications.
2. To assist the Prime Contract Manager in reviewing the prime contract documents and data. Establish plans, schedules and budgets for prime contract obligations and review the technical input.
3. To take the lead in coordinating the planning and execution of the work with organisations such as Engineering, Procurement, Project Controls, Construction, Labour Relations, Controller and other services to achieve an assignment of work scope which will result in an integrated project team approach.
4. To initiate and direct the planning and development of the project execution plans, scope definition, project procedures, budgets and project schedules. Ensure acceptance by the Client, Alghanim project teams and functional management.
5. To review and approve bid tabulations for commitments for all major purchase orders, contracts and sub-contracts and approve critical changes to these documents.
6. To review and approve project control plans including trend programs, project cost estimates, forecasts, schedules, financial reports and commitments that exceed assigned budgets. Periodically review change order controls to ensure all changes are being handled properly.
7. To ensure that all Client’s contacts, including major correspondence and working relationships between Alghanim International and the Client, is maintained throughout the duration of the project. Monitor and control all contractual commitments to ensure that all work is being performed in accordance with the specifications, drawings and terms of the contract that change orders are timely and claims are managed.
8. To review equipment and bulk materials procurement methodology, schedules, expedite plans and methods of delivery to ensure compatibility with project plans, schedules and budget.
9. To conduct periodic project and Client’s meetings to review progress and discuss issues. Ensure the project teams resolve problems involving coordination, schedule and the setting of priorities.
10. To prepare or direct the preparation of progress and special reports to Client and Alghanim International Management.
11. To provide for the administration of sub-contractors providing construction services, materials or equipment for the project.
12. To oversee the preparation of the Project Financial Status Reports for Alghanim International Management.
13. To monitor cash flow to minimise Alghanim International investment in the project and inform the customer of the current and anticipated cash requirements for the project. Establish and control the budget for non-reimbursable project costs.
14. To obtain Client’s acceptance of the work and document all turnover activities. Is responsible for the preparation and submission of the final project report and prompt closeout of the prime contract.
15. To assists in the training of new project managers through both formal training courses and on-the-job training.
16. To promote the management concept of continuous improvement among all members of the project team.
17. To promote and practice team building across the project.
Bachelor Degree in Architectural Engineering / Civil Engineering complemented by PMP certification.
Minimum 20+ years of experience; out of which last 7 years in handling high magnitude (high-end) project from design till handing over within GCC ·
Knowledge of Construction, Engineering and Procurement and other project-related activities, including their interfaces and interdependencies
- Job Location:
- Al Ahmadi, Kuwait
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Civil Engineering
- Employment Type:
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Job Ref.:
- Career Level:
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
- Max: 55