Under the direct supervision of the Programme Policy Officer – Head of the Cash Based Transfer (CBT) Unit, the incumbent will carry out the following functions:
• Monitor the receipt of necessary shipping, freight or other documents and notify the appropriate WFP officer of non-receipt;
• Maintain records on programme activities by extracting relevant information from reports, and other documentation; make information available for CBT Unit briefs.
• Receive newly issued Personal Identification Numbers (PIN) from the bank, match it with the requests sent and dispatch to respective sub-offices.
• Follow up on monthly distributions with the sub-offices and Lebanon One Unified Inter-Organizational System for e-cards (LOUISE) agencies, including plans, tracking of cards/PINs and ensure the processes are in line with the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in place.
• Coordinate with UNHCR to ensure the distribution/validation servers are synchronized/updated and conduct monthly reconciliation with UNHCR and sub-offices.
• Draft statistical reports related to the Prepaid Card system.
• Assist in processing and registering payments using the WFP corporate system(s)
• Monitor open Purchase Orders (POs) and ensure closure upon completion of activities.
• Draft SOPs for each activity related to the CBT Unit.
• Keep all records and documents up-to-date and archived in a safe place.
• Attend meetings and draft the “minutes of meeting”; follow up on each of the notes and assure to respect the timelines.
• Act as a point of contact for resolution of general and daily operational queries requesting assistance where necessary.
• Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
• Perform other related duties as required.
Education: Secondary School. University degree in Business, Accounting and Finance, Management Information Systems or related fields is a plus.
Experience: At least four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in Business, Accounting and Finance, Management Information Systems or other related field, including at least two (2) years of experience closely related to banking card management and Finance.
Experience utilizing MS Office including database, word processing, spreadsheet and other software packages is required.
Language: Fluent in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
Additional desired skills:
– Banking experience in Cards management and processing is a plus
– Attention to details
– Good team player
– Good partnerships skills
– Good writing and reporting skills
- Job Location
- Beirut, Lebanon
- Company Industry
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Support Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- $2,000 – $3,000
- Number of Vacancies
- Job Ref.
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 4
- Residence Location
- High school or equivalent