We are currently seeking to fill the position of Program Development Senior Officer in its Research and Program Development Department to work on a portfolio of educational reform projects detailed in the HRD Strategy with local public and non-governmental counterparts.
About the Position:
The Queen Rania Foundation for Education and Development (QRF) aims to be the leading national and regional resource and incubator for new and innovative ideas and initiatives in education. Through research, program development, monitoring and impact evaluation, the Queen Rania Foundation is leading efforts to reform policy and practice in education for the purpose of improving opportunities for children and youth and equipping them with the knowledge, skills, and values that will empower them to excel in a fast-paced and competitive world.
Jordan’s key resource is its people and investing in their education and skills is critical to the country’s socially inclusive development and its global economic competitiveness. However, crisis after crisis has impacted the quality of educational offerings. National resources dedicated to education have failed to keep up with the growing demand and the evolving learning requirements of the 21st century. As such, Jordanian children and adolescents are not developing key knowledge economy skills to a sufficient level.
In line with national efforts to enhance human capital formation and development in the Kingdom through the National Human Resource Development (HRD) Strategy, the Queen Rania Foundation is currently seeking to fill the position of Program Development Senior Officer in its Research and Program Development Department to work on a portfolio of educational reform projects detailed in the HRD Strategy with local public and non-governmental counterparts.
• Facilitate implementation of projects with implementing counterparts by effectively utilizing available resources to ensure smooth and efficient project execution
• Coordinate with public and non-governmental counterparts to transfer updates and information necessary for project delivery
• Contribute to the creation and maintenance of project documentation
• Analyze and report project risks as they emerge and recommend mitigation/corrective actions to ensure smooth implementation of projects
• Analyze key project output to ensure correct implementation of projects
• Report project updates, milestones, and bottlenecks through briefs/memos as necessary
• Manage relationships between implementing counterparts and other stakeholders
• Conduct secondary analysis on international/best-practice education models to draw lessons for existing educational reform efforts
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Competencies and Knowledge:
To achieve the above roles and responsibilities, candidates should have demonstrated competencies in the following areas that are deemed crucial for success:
• Project Management: ability to manage, document, report, and monitor large-scale national projects conducted by public and non-governmental entities
• Communication: ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders and quickly build rapport for change through a variety of mechanisms
• Analytical Skills: ability to critically analyze developments as they arise and evaluate options based on logic and facts
• Resilience: the ability to work effectively to tight deadlines regardless of possible setbacks and across changing situations
• Flexibility: ability to successfully and positively adapt to changing situations and environments, changing priorities/workloads, as well as taking on new challenges at short notice
In addition to the competencies needed to achieve the above functions, candidates are also expected to have a solid background in the field
characterized by the following:
• Knowledge of the education landscape in Jordan
• Knowledge of international education policy and familiarity with best-practice models in education
• Knowledge of public sector administration and project execution in the local context
• Knowledge of project management techniques and tools
The ideal candidate will have 3 to 4 years of progressive project management experience in a dynamic environment, preferably in the education and/or public sectors. Candidates should have demonstrated experience in the areas listed in the previous sections titled Duties and Responsibilities, and Competencies and Knowledge
The ideal candidate will have:
Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Politics, Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, or other related fields (required). Applications from candidates with a bachelor’s degree in Educational Sciences or a related field are especially welcome.
• Postgraduate Degree in Economics, Politics, Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, or other related fields (preferred). Applications from candidates with a postgraduate degree in Educational Sciences or a related field are especially welcome.
• Professional Qualifications/Certifications in Business (e.g. Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA)) (preferred).
- Job Location:
- Amman, Jordan
- Company Industry:
- Education, Training, and Library
- Company Type:
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role:
- Research and Development
- Employment Type:
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Job Ref.:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 3 Max: 5