Action Against Hunger is an international non-governmental organisation working in more than 40 countries in the fields of nutrition, food security and livelihoods, water sanitation and hygiene, and care practices. Action Against Hunger is looking for its program in Jordan for Procurement Officer.
Work place: Amman Governorate
Monthly Basic Salary Range: 814 JOD
Manage procurement at mission level, by respecting Action Against Hunger and donors policies outlined in KitLog.
Objective 1: Deal with purchases:
– Receive the validated procurement lines from logisticians.
– Assess the market and look for quotations.
– Prepare all the necessary documents (quotations, assessment tables, note to the files…) for the purchase dossier and seek their approval
– Purchase the items complying with the requester specification and Action Against Hunger procedures.
– Complete the purchases within given time frame and make sure to deliver the right quality at right price.
– Coordinate with requester regarding selection of material, quality check at delivery and late delivery
– Coordinate with logisticians / store keepers to ensure the good delivery into stock, and order the regular supplies on time.
Objective 2: Information management:
– Keep LINK updated with all relevant information regarding suppliers and markets.
– Inform the logistics and the program with procurement progress and seek help when needed.
– Archive all purchase dossiers (paper and scan versions) after final check.
Objective3 : Follow the payments made by suppliers :
– Ensure that the invoices have the proper required information in accordance with ACF procedures
– Update the purchase dossiers with matching invoices.
– Settle the cash advance according to the Finance procedures
– Coordinate with donors, for detax process.
– Coordinate with Finance to ensure good follow up of supplier’s payment.
Objective 4: Others Logistics :
– Additional tasks, in line with the logistics team activities, may be required by the manager: gap coverage (holidays), specific short term missions / assignments, humanitarian emergencies, training…
Ensure the participation in all meeting called by supervisor or Action Against Hunger.
Education: Above secondary school level. professional experience in relevant field is an added value.
Computer science (Word and Excel) – Negotiating ability – Rigour – sense of organization – good knowledge of markets – integrity – flexibility – discretion – Knowledge of English.
Understanding, willingness and capacities to commit and comply, implement and promote gender, age and diversity principles & policy.
How to apply:
The application period closes on 18/08/2018.
Before applying, please make sure that you have read the requirements for the position and that you qualify.
Applications from non-qualifying applicants will most likely be discarded by the recruiting manager.
Action Against Hunger is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Action Against Hunger has zero-tolerance for bribery, corruption or abuse of power in any form. If you suspect or find yourself in a related situation during your interaction with Action Against Hunger, immediately contact the organization’s management through the following address: abusereport(at)jo-actionagainsthunger.org.
- Job Location
- Amman, Jordan
- Company Industry
- Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Logistics and Transportation
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- $500 – $1,000
- Number of Vacancies
- Job Ref.
- Career Level
- Entry Level
- High school or equivalent