Job purpose/ summary of the overall job assignment:
Plant Supervisor should assist in managing the scope of operations, commercial aspects as well as H&S activities in the plant, as well as ensure quality production quantities are achieved as per the target set on annual basis.
Key accountabilities/main responsibilities:
– Ensure availability of raw materials with the highest quality & lowest cost in coordination with quality team.
– Ensure readiness of operation to support production needs including Availability of manpower and of mobile equipments.
– Lead process optimization to ensure best utilization of tools with the lowest cost.
– Assist in operational KPI’s.
– Lead all operational activities & support plant manager in all operational needs.
– Close coordination with sales, maintenance, quality, Health & Safety in all related matters.
– Review the delivery schedule to maintain sustainability of deliveries.
– Ensure that the drivers maintain proper cleanliness for the trucks.
– Attend to customers’ complaints and visit clients with accordance with the plant manager to address the problem(s) and take necessary actions.
– Attend to internal customer needs- Attend to external customers need by ensuring availability of product on time while maintaining the highest quality.
– Arrange the leaves schedule of the employees and approve them.
– Ensure having the right staffing all the time to support operational needs.
– Address performance and assessments through coaching and having the right KPI’s for people to follow.- Identifying training needs to ensure having the right skills while improving capabilities to meet operational challenges.
Communication and working relationships:
Internally: Strong working relations across the entire company.
Externally:Working relations with customers.
Major decisions/authorities and responsibilities:
As per role main responsibilities and duties, and group procedures.
Financial dimension of the job:
No financial Dimension for this position.
Job context (work conditions and physical fitness and effort):
– Normal physical effort is needed as field trips and movements between plants and job sites are required.- Health and physical condition should be suitable for working at night hours.
Health & Safety Clause:
Health & Safety is the overarching value for the company and is considered a personal responsibility for every person. It is directly connected to the surrounding environment; people, equipment, tools, material and to the relevant policies & procedures. Therefore, every employee must know and adhere to the Health & Safety Management System requirements. Every employee is responsible to perform their job duties in a way that is compliant with the H&S policies and procedures and act as a role model to encourage colleagues to behave in the same manner in order to ensure a healthy and safe environment for all.
– Provide a healthy and safe work environment to all employees, subcontractors and visitors and ensure the well implementation of H&S improvement plan and it’s regular revision
– Spread the H&S culture and ensure that everyone respect and apply/comply with the H&S rules and standards
– Act as a role model in H&S in terms of leadership and compliance
– Ensure that all workers under their responsibility understand well all the risks related to their jobs and the relevant risk mitigation H&S procedures through frequent inspection, audits and VPC visits- Managers and section heads of technical departments carry an additional responsibility when it comes to the application of HSMS due to the higher daily risk probability and severity related to their work.
Internal Control Clause:
– Implement internal control measures within the role responsibility.
– Ensure that internal control procedures are in place and are properly implemented.- Recommend and set policies to improve controls and minimize risk and business exposure.