Pipe Coating Plant Manager to supervise and manage of all Operators performing blasting, priming and coating applications on line pipes, drill pipes, tubing, casing and custom pieces as per the Standard Operating Procedure.
Responsible for detecting and correcting of all problems that may occur during the application cycles.
Responsible for training all operators under his direct supervision, and responsible for the safety of all employees.
Plant Manager is expected to ensure that orders are completed properly, on time and within budget.
- Planning, organizing, directing and running optimum day-to-day operations to exceed customers’ expectations.
- Managing the coating activities in order to deliver high integrity services to the current and potential clients.
- Managing the readiness planning & the co-ordination of pre-start assurance checklists prior to commencement of coating operations.
- Managing the upgrades to the coating plant to enable safe, smooth, and efficient coating process.
- Managing the upgrade program to assure plant readiness in accordance with contract schedule.
- Overseeing the day to day operation and maintenance of pipe coating plant.
- Managing the on-site coating activity to deliver a safe efficient coating operation in accordance with the technical specifications and the contract schedule.
- Implements effective training processes to build and enhance the team’s technical skills.
- Assists the team in diagnosing raw material quality and other product related issues
- Assists the team in diagnosing malfunctions in machinery and equipment.
- Ensure quality raw materials are delivered on time for assigned Coating events.
- Maintains product quality test systems updates and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Train all employees on the use and maintenance of machinery.
- Check coating storage daily to ensure proper storage conditions and use of oldest coating first.
- Check calibration of dry film thickness gauges daily and record results.
- Check the blasting, coating, coupling coating and final products as per Company guidelines.
- Assure SOPs, HSEMS, QMS and all other Company policies and guidelines understood and applied.
- Maintain a safe, clean work area.
- Accurately capture and record necessary operating data.
- Perform duties to continuously improve quality and productivity.
The Successful Candidate should have following Skills and Experience:
- Background and experience in operations of a large pipe coating plant including knowledge of all operations, industry applications, related to the oil and gas sector
- Prior Abrasive Blast and Coating Experience is a must.
- Ability to lead and manage large workforce as well as being excellent in delivery and customer service to demanding clients
- Commercial and technical knowledge and background within this specific pipe coating sector
- Bachelors Degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar technical degree.
- Minimum of 10+ years of related experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written, and electronic communication skills.
- Motivated towards productivity improvements, quality consciousness and safety awareness.
- Ability to think ahead, anticipates problems, make decisions, and take appropriate action.
- Effective leadership style and ability to use appropriate interpersonal skills to guide individuals / groups towards task accomplishment.
- Certified to NACE CIP Level 1 is preferable
- Certified to SSPC PCI Level 3 is preferable
- Job Location
- Muscat, Oman
- Company Industry
- Oil & Gas; Mechanical Engineering; Manufacturing
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Oil and Gas
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Years of Experience
- Min: 7 Max: 18
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma