JOB PURPOSEThe Partnerships & Reports Officer will work under the supervision of Head of External Relations KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Work with the External Relations unit to implement the WFP Partnership Action Plan, overseeing and delivering activities that identify, develop and maintain government partnerships, maximize funding, and deliver advantageous outcomes for the Country Office, such as more flexibility and predictability.
- Contribute to the management of a portfolio of partnerships, soliciting contributions, providing donor stewardship, anticipating needs (forecast), and analysing results, to maximize resources raised.
- Monitor the implementation of WFP activities supported by donors.
- Coordinate with WFP Country Office team, WFP Regional Bureau, WFP Liaison Offices and WFP Headquarters to prepare timely and accurate reports to the donors.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with representatives of government donors in Baghdad, Erbil and Amman through appropriate channels, and coordinate donor meetings, attending where required.
- Ensure donor conditions and expected outputs/outcomes are well spelled out to programme/operations/logistics and field offices. Follow up closely with relevant colleagues at planning and implementation levels to ensure the donor conditions are met and adhered to at different programming levels.
- Proactively contribute to ideas and highlight fundraising opportunities to senior managers for new strategies to maintain and increase funding from new and traditional donors.
- Prepare project and strategic documents for submission to donors and WFP Headquarters.
- Gather, analyse and disseminate information on donor policies, trends, and preferences/priorities.
- Prepare and provide inputs for briefing documents for senior level management meetings with donors.
- Coordinate with WFP Country Office team to organize donor field visits to WFP programme operations.
- Compile briefing notes and updates for donors when required.
- Work with Operational Information Management and Performance Reporting (OIM & PR) colleagues on the collation and dissemination of information and data on WFP operations in Iraq, including the Annual Country Report (ACR).
- Collate relevant information and data from media and local internal and external sources to facilitate and maximize the exchange of information and data flow between functional area networks in WFP, to provide operational awareness and understanding of events that may have humanitarian and/or operational impact.
- Collaborate with counterparts internally to ensure consistency in humanitarian information and to complement WFP analysis and information.
- Support the initiatives for developing improved, streamlined, and harmonized OIM & PR including drafting of OIM & PR related normative guidance, as required.
- Perform other related duties as may be required in the remit of the role.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Advanced University Degree or university degree in political science, international development, development economics, marketing communications, business management or other relevant fields.
- Languages: Full proficiency (C level) in Arabic and English, including the ability to draft complex materials. Kurdish proficiency an advantage.
- Typically, one year or more of postgraduate professional experience in a relevant field of work, with a background and interest in international humanitarian development aid in a bilateral, multilateral, or non-government food aid/other international development aid program.
- Previous experience with fundraising, coordination, negotiations, and/or public relations/advocacy.
- Experience in sales/marketing/relationship building/finance and management that can be applied to WFP’s work.
- Experience in writing strategic documents and reports; graphic design skills an advantage.
- Experience in budget and financial planning; proficiency in Excel.
TERMS AND CONDITIONSPosition Title:Partnerships & Reports Officer NOA – Baghdad/Erbil Grade: National Officer – Level A (NOA)Contract: Fixed-Term (FT) – One-year renewableDuty Station/travel: Baghdad /Erbil with travel inside Iraq and occasionally abroadSalary: Starting at USD 41,683 net per annumMedical Plan: International valid medical plan for the staff member, spouse and dependents children under 18 yearsAnnual leave: 30 working days per annum
- Job Location
- Erbil, Iraq
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Support Services
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies